Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

WE ARE HOME SWEET HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE HOME SWEET HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 7th 2008, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Talking WE ARE HOME SWEET HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We finally made it from Townsville back to the UK last week , complete with my dog on the same flight. No Dramas (I was sedated)

Our house sale crashed FOUR times, and we went thru hell. Grace removals were fab.

The sun is shining here (I bought a job lot of jumpers at Tesco but have had to break into my Ozzie gear), the birds are singing, the countryside is GREEN, people are normal and smiling (to me).........

I am down on my knees with gratitude. Ok The Parents are being arseholes, but do we care ? We have not bought a house yet - so what ????

People wear SHOES, drive (almost) sanely, the supermarkets are very sedate, people use pushchairs, but best of all - THE GOOD OLD FASHIONED PUB !!!!!!!!!!!! And cider of course.

If you want to go home, and are going thru the misery that we went thru, I hope this message helps.

Good luck to all returnees!!!!

AK xxxx
Old May 7th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WE ARE HOME SWEET HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you are back safe and happy
For once (im a bit of a reptile) I was out in just a T-shirt today! Must be hotting up
Long may you continue to be as happy as you sound now
best wishes

Chrissy
Old May 7th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: WE ARE HOME SWEET HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you !!!!

It has not been a bed of roses (parents) and there has been a lot of sniping, but that is their problem. I thought they wanted us home but they are behaving very oddly..........

It will all settle down when we get our own place and our own lives back.

But right now I could not give a **** and just want to rebuild my life where I belong.

Homesickness - I will admit - almost killed me. The depression overwhelmed me - I am a country bumpkin - the first day I went out and bought wellies for god's sake !!!! Pink ones at that - should've seen the look of horror on my dads face !!!! LOL.

AK xx
Old May 7th 2008, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

AK Great to see you are back - I hadnt seen this thread when I replied on another and asked if you were home!!! Bl**dy great news!!! I was wondering how things were for you.

It's amazing how much the spirits can be lifted just by knowing that you belong somewhere isnt it?! St*ff the rellies, they will get used to it - perhaps they are ticked off that they now wont have a reason to head off to the tropics for their summer holidays. No accounting for folks!
Old May 8th 2008, 4:55 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alliekate
We finally made it from Townsville back to the UK last week , complete with my dog on the same flight. No Dramas (I was sedated)

Our house sale crashed FOUR times, and we went thru hell. Grace removals were fab.

The sun is shining here (I bought a job lot of jumpers at Tesco but have had to break into my Ozzie gear), the birds are singing, the countryside is GREEN, people are normal and smiling (to me).........

I am down on my knees with gratitude. Ok The Parents are being arseholes, but do we care ? We have not bought a house yet - so what ????

People wear SHOES, drive (almost) sanely, the supermarkets are very sedate, people use pushchairs, but best of all - THE GOOD OLD FASHIONED PUB !!!!!!!!!!!! And cider of course.

If you want to go home, and are going thru the misery that we went thru, I hope this message helps.

AK xxxx
Congrats! Your happiness over the pub made me smile (you lucky thing!!)-we are giving it a go here 'til end of year then maybe back. Could you possibly tell me who you used to fly your doggy back? We have 2 and I feel guilty even thinking about sticking them back on a plane. Enjoy your pink wellies Cheers
Old May 8th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you !!!!

It has not been a bed of roses (parents) and there has been a lot of sniping, but that is their problem. I thought they wanted us home but they are behaving very oddly..........

The same happened to me a bit. The people I really expected would be there for me - some were disappointing - and then others you wouldnt of expected anything from were just fantastic!
Homesickness - I will admit - almost killed me. The depression overwhelmed me - I am a country bumpkin - the first day I went out and bought wellies for god's sake !!!! Pink ones at that - should've seen the look of horror on my dads face !!!! LOL.
I know what you mean re depression when i get itchy feet, I think back to how disturbed I was and the thought of moving terrifies me still today at the moment. I think it takes longer to get over and the aftermarth is more powerful than people credit
AK xx
Bet those wellies look great!
C
Old May 8th 2008, 9:41 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic!! Long may it continue.
Old May 8th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: WE ARE HOME SWEET HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi again,

Now re the dog saga........believe me it was the toughest thing I have ever had to do putting my dog back on three separate flights.

We used a company called JETPETS and they were absolutely fantastic.

The first thing I did was get them to send us up her new travelling crate from Brissie to Townsville (don't ask, but the one she flew out in on Qantas ,she could not fly BACK in on Qantas cos it didn't meet the regs ).

I put her favourite bed in it, and that was it - she loved it, and used it every night - that was a huge relief.

Next, DH (poor sod) told Jetpets what had happened to us, and arranged we travel on the same three flights as the dog, and also arranged for me to see her between each flight. The only place I didn't get to see her was in Singapore, but the Captain confirmed to the crew/me that she was on.

Then after landing, we had to go to the Heathrow Animal Reception, where it takes four hours for the dog to be processed and released. And you know what - she came out happy as larry and ready to get into the hire car.

I cannot recommend Jetpets enough. I think I was far more stressed than my dog !!!

Good luck - and it has been too bloody hot here to put on my pink wellies I am wearing my flippers every day. But I WILL as soon as I can, just to annoy my dad, who has had some very tactless (and best forgotton) things to say. God love em, can't live with em or without them.

But I am home, and I belong in England. We lost nothing financially, so I am looking on it as an extended (if horribly stressful) holiday. Some things are not meant to be.

AK xxx
Old May 8th 2008, 8:42 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

Welcome home. You have come back at a perfect time of year. All the flowers are out, everything is lush and green and the sun is shining. So much going on and so much to do it's blooming marvellous! We are so lucky to be here in the UK and we just don't realise it half the time. Hope you get sorted with everything.
Old May 8th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

JAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to all

Hi again,

Now re the dog saga........believe me it was the toughest thing I have ever had to do putting my dog back on three separate flights.

The first thing I did was get them to send us up her new travelling crate from Brissie to Townsville (don't ask, but the one she flew out in on Qantas ,she could not fly BACK in on Qantas cos it didn't meet the regs ).

I put her favourite bed in it, and that was it - she loved it, and used it every night - that was a huge relief.

Next, DH (poor sod) told Jetpets what had happened to us, and arranged we travel on the same three flights as the dog, and also arranged for me to see her between each flight. The only place I didn't get to see her was in Singapore, but the Captain confirmed to the crew/me that she was on.

Then after landing, we had to go to the Heathrow Animal Reception, where it takes four hours for the dog to be processed and released. And you know what - she came out happy as larry and ready to get into the hire car.

I cannot recommend Jetpets enough. I think I was far more stressed than my dog !!!

Good luck - and it has been too bloody hot here to put on my pink wellies I am wearing my flippers every day. But I WILL as soon as I can, just to annoy my dad, who has had some very tactless (and best forgotton) things to say. God love em, can't live with em or without them.

But I am home, and I belong in England. We lost nothing financially, so I am looking on it as an extended (if horribly stressful) holiday. Some things are not meant to be.

AK xxx
Congratulations. So glad you are back in England and happy. I wish it was me, hopefully one day Great to hear you had a good experience with flying your dog back too. I want to take our dog with us and am very worried about it.
God I miss the cider!!
Old May 8th 2008, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Was Gold Coast, Australia... now living in Notts, UK
horrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to behold

I am down on my knees with gratitude.
We've been back just over a week... and everything you've just said... is me! I drove along today with just the biggest, biggest grin on my face. I feel soooooooooooooo relieved to be back in the UK. I love, love, love being back here. I don't care that there are yuck bits as well as good - there's nowhere feels like home, like home. I haven't felt that home feeling for ages and I love being back in the UK.

Sarah
Old May 8th 2008, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by horrigans
We've been back just over a week... and everything you've just said... is me! I drove along today with just the biggest, biggest grin on my face. I feel soooooooooooooo relieved to be back in the UK. I love, love, love being back here. I don't care that there are yuck bits as well as good - there's nowhere feels like home, like home. I haven't felt that home feeling for ages and I love being back in the UK.

Sarah
Isnt it odd when you find yourself walking/driving along smiling? I do that when I get home every time. I can be happily stuck in a traffic jam on the A14 or M25 and notice that there is this insane grin on my face. People around me must think I am absolutely nuts! I do it on the Tube too - now that must really scare the other passengers, especially when I am in transit with a huge backpack!!!!!
Old May 9th 2008, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

AK xxxx

It did help, but then again i always knew the truth.

I will get home one day
Old May 9th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Hi again,

AK xxx
So glad your girl got back fine Could just weep reading your post about the flight.
Old May 9th 2008, 12:08 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you !!!!

It will all settle down when we get our own place and our own lives back.

But right now I could not give a **** and just want to rebuild my life where I belong.

AK xx
So pleased you're back where you want to be hun.Your post really made me smile to read how happy you are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.