Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

We book our flights tomorrow .

We book our flights tomorrow .

Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice
Default We book our flights tomorrow .

Well tomorrow is the day we book our flights and removals. YIKES!!!!! I am so confused with lots of mixed feelings going around in my head.I have wanted this for a long long time though,and the thought of winter being just around the corner again,makes me want to move even more. The good thing is that we are just going to rent the house out for a year in Canada,so if things don't work out we can always come back.(hope that doesnt happen) Send GOOD LUCK our way please...........its a huge step !!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We book our flights tomorrow .

Good Luck!!! I hope your dreams come true!
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Good Luck!!! I hope your dreams come true!
yeah me too LOL !!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:53 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

marietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
Well tomorrow is the day we book our flights and removals. YIKES!!!!! I am so confused with lots of mixed feelings going around in my head.I have wanted this for a long long time though,and the thought of winter being just around the corner again,makes me want to move even more. The good thing is that we are just going to rent the house out for a year in Canada,so if things don't work out we can always come back.(hope that doesnt happen) Send GOOD LUCK our way please...........its a huge step !!!!!
We will miss you all But wish you well & we'll see you at Christmas YAY!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

It is a big step and you are bound to feel as you do (I did) just stay realistic and if....IF you do have a "wobble" then deal with it slowly and take your time...I think some expats just "rush off" back as soon as something is'nt going there way etc, you have to take things in your stride just like you would in a new country, I am sure you will be fine, were a friendly bunch here and we do have a beautiful country, you just have to take time out to "smell the roses" now and again. All the best and sending you loads of good luck
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

thank you for you advice and kind words everyone. Looking forward to it,but it all seems so unreal at the moment
Old Jul 24th 2011, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everything goes well for you!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Barbara1133 is on a distinguished road

thank you for you advice and kind words everyone. Looking forward to it,but it all seems so unreal at the moment
Cumbrian Lass, I fly back in just over two weeks - August 10 - and you describe exactly what I'm feeling right now. It just doesn't feel real. I know it is, but it doesn't feel like it's happening. I leave my job at the end of the week, turn my car over to it's new owner the next day, shippers come a few days later, I hand back the keys to my apartment, and then I'm off. I've been in L.A. for 30 years and I don't know where the years have gone.

I'm excited and terrified at the same time. But I'm going home to family and that ain't bad.

Best of luck to you for a wonderful future.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Barbara1133
Cumbrian Lass, I fly back in just over two weeks - August 10 - and you describe exactly what I'm feeling right now. It just doesn't feel real. I know it is, but it doesn't feel like it's happening. I leave my job at the end of the week, turn my car over to it's new owner the next day, shippers come a few days later, I hand back the keys to my apartment, and then I'm off. I've been in L.A. for 30 years and I don't know where the years have gone.

I'm excited and terrified at the same time. But I'm going home to family and that ain't bad.

Best of luck to you for a wonderful future.
Yes and Good Luck to you too!
Its a big step but hopfully we are going in the right direction.
Think we are going to book the 12th August today...yikes!!!!!!
keep in touch and let me know how you are getting along
Best of luck
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

usoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud of

All the best. You have wanted this for a long time, and your dream is about to come true. It will be fantastic. Take it slow, enjoy the transition, even if it feels scary. You are going home....Good luck.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:49 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Can i come?..dont know if i want to endure another Albertan winter
Old Jul 25th 2011, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

thats exactly why we are going........if your small enough you might be able to fit in a case lol
every thing seems to lovely and green right now,but its lurking just around the corner.Then its months of torture,just looking out of the window . The only people that we see are people driving into their garages and then out again.......pretty sad existance !!!! we dont ski,due to back conditions,so if you are not fit and healthy ,we there isnt much else you can do LOL

Although its a scarey move,I am so ready for this ......another chapter is our lives
Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Good Luck !!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:38 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very jealous and can't wait to hear where you wind up. Put the kettle on for me - I'll be there in about 18 months!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.