Are We Being Punished ?

Old Nov 13th 2011, 5:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are We Being Punished ?

Originally Posted by Seal2012
The regular posters need to realize that some people don't know what a wiki is let alone know how to navigate a message board and search for information that they are possibly confused about? They find the forum and just go ahead with their question- and hope to get some help. It's good to show someone where to find the info- but sometimes there are 3 or more people that tell them the same thing- and then the thread at times ends up off topic with people griping because "someone else didn't read the wiki" etc.
At the home page of most of the forums, there is a big thing that says "Read Me"...

It isn't a wild leap to think that it might actually be there for a reason. You see it when get to the forum you are looking at. Just like any other site on the internet, there's also a FAQ, that people could browse. It's even suggested in the welcome email people get when they sign up.

How much hand holding do you suggest? If they still need help, well pointing out these resources is still valid help, how else will they learn?

I mean if someone is capable enough to use Google to find this forum, they can afford to spend a couple of minutes taking a look around it first. It's not like someone is jumping in asking what goes best with a side of rice, but about moving country, so a little bit of research won't hurt, especially if they want it for free.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 5:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
That's very true. I'd also add that while it's nice to receive thanks from people for help you provide, none of us should be getting upset when thanks isn't forthcoming - especially from total strangers on the internet. We all have a choice whether or not to participate here. But if we do it ought to be for the satisfaction of volunteering and helping others, not for the thanks and recognition.
No one does it here for the kudos or what ever. Still wouldn't take much for someone to say thanks though....just once in a blue moon.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Seal2012 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bob
No one does it here for the kudos or what ever. Still wouldn't take much for someone to say thanks though....just once in a blue moon.
If you look at the first 20 threads or so of the USA board- I can see people saying thanks in almost every thread. I think the majority of posters say "thank you" in their own way- I am sure being acknowledged with "fluffy flowers" would be nice- but a "thank you" should get the job done.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 11:30 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seal2012
The regular posters need to realize that some people don't know what a wiki is let alone know how to navigate a message board and search for information that they are possibly confused about? They find the forum and just go ahead with their question- and hope to get some help. It's good to show someone where to find the info- but sometimes there are 3 or more people that tell them the same thing- and then the thread at times ends up off topic with people griping because "someone else didn't read the wiki" etc.
Not only that, I can't comprehend how blood pressure surges over "they didn't use punctuation", "its COLOUR, not COLOR", "didn't read the wiki" "didn't take the time to search" ... "oh, stop your complaining - this forum is far more friendlier than others.." (my favorite) ... like its rational and permissive for being an utter d!ck and a 5-star general @$$hole in response to the person/post/question at hand etc - and they then wonder why the other person gets mad and defensive in return. UFB.

Like a line from "Step Brother" - Sprechen sie dick?....
Old Nov 14th 2011, 12:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Not only that, I can't comprehend how blood pressure surges over "they didn't use punctuation", "its COLOUR, not COLOR", "didn't read the wiki" "didn't take the time to search" ... "oh, stop your complaining - this forum is far more friendlier than others.." (my favorite) ... like its rational and permissive for being an utter d!ck and a 5-star general @$$hole in response to the person/post/question at hand etc - and they then wonder why the other person gets mad and defensive in return. UFB.

You missed out a u.......just saying

Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

keaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tarkak9

Like I said before, some people love the fact that the internet is anonymous to be pri*ks.. and I only say SOME!

I have asked for help and advice on here in the past - and sorry, Bob, I don't think I read the READ ME when I first posted, (to me it was like reading all the agreement page before you download something - how many people just tick the box?? )- BUT for the most part people have been helpful and generous on here.. even as small as a comment I made about sinusitis.

I am sure it must be annoying to sit here and see people make a name, pop in, ask a question, a legal question, maybe more than sinus advice, get their FREE answers and pop out never to be heard of again; but like one poster said no-one forces anyone to respond or even read the thread.

It's sad to see people being leapt upon in response to a simple question, even if it has been asked before.

And I don't quite know what fluffy flowers are....
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keaki80
Like I said before, some people love the fact that the internet is anonymous to be pri*ks.. and I only say SOME!

I have asked for help and advice on here in the past - and sorry, Bob, I don't think I read the READ ME when I first posted, (to me it was like reading all the agreement page before you download something - how many people just tick the box?? )- BUT for the most part people have been helpful and generous on here.. even as small as a comment I made about sinusitis.

I am sure it must be annoying to sit here and see people make a name, pop in, ask a question, a legal question, maybe more than sinus advice, get their FREE answers and pop out never to be heard of again; but like one poster said no-one forces anyone to respond or even read the thread.

It's sad to see people being leapt upon in response to a simple question, even if it has been asked before.

'Fluffy flowers' and other such phrases found around the BE forums are known as Bobisms.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... no-one forces anyone to respond or even read the thread.
Right... let's just close up shop and go home then!

Ian
Old Nov 14th 2011, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

keaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
'Fluffy flowers' and other such phrases found around the BE forums are known as Bobisms.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 6:01 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus effing wept - are we still banging on about this? FFS...
Old Nov 14th 2011, 6:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by tonrob
Jesus effing wept - are we still banging on about this? FFS...
Well it has been going in circles, nothing is going to change and well the same grumble will happen in a couple of weeks.

Closing the thread just wouldn't be very sporting though...and lead to more grumbling of being heavy handed, so what ever.

Some people like to treat everyone as a special petal, others like to show folks how to use the forum and have a browse of info already shared and a whole range in between.

You just can't shoot everybody who disagrees with you though :/
Old Nov 14th 2011, 6:30 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
You just can't shoot everybody who disagrees with you though :/
Yes, Bob. Oh yes you can.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 6:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yes, Bob. Oh yes you can.
Not even, Ray has enough ammo.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 6:52 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you missed the post by the OP between #2 and #3, which has now, unfortunately, been removed. It was the full explanation of why the OP was not unconditionally welcomed.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Perhaps you missed the post by the OP between #2 and #3, which has now, unfortunately, been removed. It was the full explanation of why the OP was not unconditionally welcomed.
Well I didn't miss it. And to be fair, the OP was reacting to the provocation of somebody else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.