Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

We are Australian Citizens

Wikiposts

We are Australian Citizens

Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all
Default Re: We are Australian Citizens

I was simply asking a question........As you all state you hate the place......is a forum not for asking questions?????No need to get your knickers in a twist.....as for losing sleep ....please!!!!!!
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sadieb
In answer to your questions..
We wanted to become citizens because we could, we have earned the right to. The rules were 2 years in the country and you can be a citizen so we applied. It is no skin of anyones nose, we never hurt anyone in the process.

You could say that moving to Australia is a pointless exercise then for all the people that don't like it. Is that what you are saying?
Are you saying that because I don't like Australia now, everything I have done including getting citizenship is pointless !!
That is a very narrow minded attitude.

If you think outside of the box (yes I appreciate this is VERY difficult for some people to do) you will realise that I have choices in my life, just because I choose not to like Australia now doesn't mean I won't change my mind in 10 years time.

Yes of course it costs money, did I say I was poor, did I moan about the cost, did I ask you to pay for it. NO!!

I am more than happy to pay for my citizenship and the $208 for my passport.

Nothing I do in my life is pointless, and perhaps some of us have forethought for the future. What is a couple of hundred dollars now compared to how much it costs to ping pong for citizenship after leaving without it.

I used to HATE Spain as a kid for holidays, I LOVE going there now, isn't it funny how your tastes change when you get older..

Hope this has cleared up some points for you, I wouldn't want you to lose any sleep worrying about me.
There are lots of things in life you could do,because as you say'you can'...does not make them right does it????not a very mature attitude IMHO
you have earned the right .......How exactly have you done that???have you served the country /// or just made a huge mistake in going there and just winged about the place to all who listen and agree...
just asking a question ....... do you think uk will not be all you think it is once there and the need to return will happen
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

sadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lobby lou
There are lots of things in life you could do,because as you say'you can'...does not make them right does it????not a very mature attitude IMHO
you have earned the right .......How exactly have you done that???have you served the country /// or just made a huge mistake in going there and just winged about the place to all who listen and agree...
just asking a question ....... do you think uk will not be all you think it is once there and the need to return will happen
Stop trying to pick an argument..
Read my post.
I earned the right to be a citizen by following all the rules set out by Australia, I have followed them to the letter from the start of my immigration process.
I have never winged to anyone in Australia, I only work with professional Australian people. Why would they agree with me if I winged anyway !!
What do I have to winge about?
I have given Australia a fair go, it is not for me.
If it was I wouldn't be sat on a computer justifying how great it was to all who would listen, I would be out there enjoying it.
As I have done all weekend, had a great time, yes there were things I didn't enjoy just are there will be in any other country I lived in.

Please Please stop trying to be cruel to people who don't want to live in Australia.
You are obviously very happy here and just want to be hurtful to people who have made different choices in life to you.

If we were all the same we would all be living in one country.

Just accept that people like different things.
I am not asking you to like the UK, or Australia, please just accept this.

Do not reply to argue with me read my first post.

I am happy, my time in Australia is nearly over either be happy for me as other posters are or leave me alone.

As my mother used to say " If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

I hope you have a long and happy life in Australia or where ever you decide to live.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Sadie
Old Nov 16th 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

i was not trying to 'pick a fight'...i simply asked a question at first .........and i am not in australia ...maybe thats why im happy....i have not emigrated .....just chosen to work abroad for a better quality of family life.....it just seems lots are leaving aus because they hate it and i just wondered why they needed cit ship to return if that was the case........i hope uk is all you hope it to be
Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light

I'm confused. What is the difference between emmigrating and just choosing to work abroad for a better quality of life?
Old Nov 17th 2008, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Well surely if you emigrate u intend to live there on a permanant basis....were as we are working and will one day retire to our house in uk or our house in cyprus ..............simple really xxxx
Old Nov 19th 2008, 1:19 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Well surely if you emigrate u intend to live there on a permanant basis....were as we are working and will one day retire to our house in uk or our house in cyprus ..............simple really xxxx
You're assumption about emigration is flawed. To emigrate is "to leave one's place of residence or country to live elsewhere" . There are no limits or conditions to this as far as I know. It is simple that.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

But surely there is a lot more paper work involved to emigrate ?????? as people want to stay indefinately
Were as to work we only need a work permit
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

But surely there is a lot more paper work involved to emigrate ?????? as people want to stay indefinately

Yes well, with your appalling English I can see why you'd be keen to avoid paperwork.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:01 pm

There are different benefits to both. Also not both routes are available to everyone. It's worth opening your eyes a little bit wider and you'll see there are many alternatives to suit us all.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Yes well, with your appalling English I can see why you'd be keen to avoid paperwork.
Helpful.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
Helpful.
Accurate.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Accurate.
But pointless.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light

Depends where one is going. If it's anywhere in Europe it's makes no difference either way. We didn't have to do any paper work as such and no work permit was required either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.