Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Warning ....if your coming back

Warning ....if your coming back

Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:22 am
Account Closed

jackuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Warning ....if your coming back

Space Raiders have gone up from 10p, then 15p.....now 20p.......ok still worth it !!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Raiders
Attached Thumbnails Warning ....if your coming back-raiders_snack.jpg  

Last edited by jackuk; Jan 12th 2009 at 10:25 am. Reason: link
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:15 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warning ....if your coming back

Originally Posted by jackuk
Space Raiders have gone up from 10p, then 15p.....now 20p.......ok still worth it !!!!!

I´ve never heard of these but the packet looks pretty cool
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Space Raiders are worth every penny of 20p. Like old school Pickled Onion Monster Munch they were a staple part of my packed lunch...

But the Wispa returning, is for me, a good enough reason to justify a return to the UK. OK well maybe not but great news it has.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

They are legendary, was the best value at just 10p but you would pay any price really, had to always put some in my daughter's sent parcel when she was in oz
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of Space Raiders, but my mind immediately thought of 'Space Dust'.

Guess that's showing my age eh?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I've never heard of Space Raiders, but my mind immediately thought of 'Space Dust'.

Guess that's showing my age eh?
Ooh is that the stuff that popped in you mouth? Wasn't that banned for some reason
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Ooh is that the stuff that popped in you mouth? Wasn't that banned for some reason
Probably, but I expect that info never reached deepest, darkest Somerset.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Probably, but I expect that info never reached deepest, darkest Somerset.
or it could have been something my mum made up so I couldn't have any
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Erica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really nice

Well this shocking news has confirmed my doubts. Britain has gone to the dogs. I might change my plans now.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

They had been 10p for donkeys years....I once mentioned this to the local shopkeeper, and he told me in was because they were exempt form import tax, ........as they were from outer space ?......everyone's a comedian....well around here anyway
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

meols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud of

I used to get an endless daily supply of Space Raiders as I used to work for the company who made them - United Biscuits in Liverpool. Never got sick of munching away on them.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackuk

And here's me thinking that it was going to be another warning about the recession

Have never come across Space Raiders before; but if they're anything like pickled onion monster munch then I'm an instant fan!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

Recession, what recession is that then ?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:31 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Space raiders were great because they were cheap, I remember space dust as well, orange and raspberry flavour
Its good to see a return of the wispa, but does anyone remember the Cabana bar? I loved those and wish they would return
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by terese677
Space raiders were great because they were cheap, I remember space dust as well, orange and raspberry flavour
Its good to see a return of the wispa, but does anyone remember the Cabana bar? I loved those and wish they would return
I don't remember the Cabana bar, looked it up and it sounded a bit sweet and small for me, the fancy top sweets maybe ? but what about Aztec Bars, Caramac bars and Cresta drink... "its frothy man "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.