Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Want to move back to Britain!!

Want to move back to Britain!!

Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:27 am
Z3M
Banned

Z3M will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Want to move back to Britain!!

Originally Posted by seacreature
What nonsense. Are you a troll?
Customer Service Experience is extremely important for many jobs, whether you're dealing directly with customers or not. It's a transferable skill and shows you have good interpersonal skills.
I worked as an Systems Administrator in Leeds and customer service was a vital part of the job.
Hello im not a troll but what do you expect you post on some threads that people should not expect to walk straight into a job then slate the place yourself, customer services is hardly a job in demand in the uk never mind canada
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:29 am
Z3M
Banned

Originally Posted by Cassa
Hey seacreature, I agree. I think that Customer Service exp is very very important. This chap has been giving me abuse on the NZ forum. Telling us that anyone who returns to the UK after failing overseas are only returning to go on the dole and sit with roll ups. Someone else said to him that he was obviously a teenager after some rather inaprop comments about children.

So yes a troll he may be!! haha. Bet he comes and attacks me now.
NOT troll but all you do is slag NZ when people ask for help you dont seem to be well liked for your posts on that forum
Old Apr 29th 2005, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Cassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Z3M
Hello im not a troll but what do you expect you post on some threads that people should not expect to walk straight into a job then slate the place yourself, customer services is hardly a job in demand in the uk never mind canada
Its seems I am drawn into arguements with you. In some parts of the country the large insurance companies, companies like Sykes and banks etc cannot get enough customer service people. It is an ongoing cycle. So actually they are in demand. Before you attack me for saying I dont know what I am talking about, I used to recruit for 2 major banks, as well as large insurance houses and bi-lingial call centres. Very Very high demand. hence the reason these companies use agencies to get staff.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Z3M
You evidently are a troll who hasn't got the foggiest idea what you're talking about.
From someone who has played a role in hiring staff, I would rate customer service experience highly. It's a very important skill and can be transfered to most jobs. Have you ever even heard of *transferable skills*?
Some graduates we interviewed had no social skills whatsoever, they didn't even know how to answer the telephone properly, never mind communicate effectively with colleagues and customers. Those who had customer service experience invariably were far more 'employable' than those who didn't.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:19 am
Z3M
Banned

You evidently are a troll who hasn't got the foggiest idea what you're talking about.
From someone who has played a role in hiring staff, I would rate customer service experience highly. It's a very important skill and can be transfered to most jobs. Have you ever even heard of *transferable skills*?
Some graduates we interviewed had no social skills whatsoever, they didn't even know how to answer the telephone properly, never mind communicate effectively with colleagues and customers. Those who had customer service experience invariably were far more 'employable' than those who didn't.
Not a troll you post things like nova scotia i would go back in a flash ,then post its to sleepy thats why you moved ,then because wife got job there make youre mind up i dont beleive youve any skills probably the wife who got you there
Old Apr 30th 2005, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

crozz is on a distinguished road

hello seacreature sorry to interrupt your conversation did you say you were from leeds.lifes too short you have obviously taken a disliking to canada i dont think any job you get would make any difference to the way you think about the place your still young enough to pack up and start again somewhere else where your skills will be more appreciated good luck crozz.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:58 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Originally Posted by bored-silly
Tell him to come to the lounge, he'll be eaten alive..........
OoooHH!! Yes please!!!
Old May 1st 2005, 8:18 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

The work situation in Canada is such a pile of cr*p, I am just thoroughly pissed off with the place.......
I get so angry about the whole situation I just feel like saying ***** it and flying back to Britain.
Seacreature, my heart goes out to you man, it really does.

I have been where you are now,and it really hurts. All I can say is, follow your heart.

If you TRULY believe that you were better of in the UK, then come back.

If you are just hurting because life at the moment seems like a pile of shit, step back and count to ten. PLEASE!!!!!

I came back from South Africa because my wife and I were constantly being threatened with death or worse. No, this is not melodrama...this is fact. We lived on a smallholding, bought and paid for with our blood, sweat and tears,
but the locals were convinced that it should belong to them!!

Fine, thats life. We made a decision and left, but it is a decision that I will possibly regret to my dying day.

OK, now I/we have set my/our sights on Canada. I am old enough and experienced enough to know that we are embarking on another long, hard road.

I am 53, my wife is 56. We are not kids. We are not rich. But by God, we will make this work, because there is no way in hell that we can live in the UK.

When/if we land in Canada, we will be on our own. We do not know anybody.
We have no family there. We will be on our own from day #1.

BUT, we are fighters, and we will make it work.

From your posts, seacreature, you strike me as a fighter too. Follow your heart, but don't think you will be better off here. You are in heaven already.....perhaps your guardian angel is hiding in the shadows, but it is there. It just needs faith and guts to bring it out into the light.
Old May 2nd 2005, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

achish is on a distinguished road

Just for curiosty sake, why can't you "no way in hell ever live back in the UK"?
Obviiously the ones that go to Cananda & NZ lose their manners.
Old May 2nd 2005, 1:07 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately if you are in a country you dont particularly like, but married to someone from there, its not always that easy to just decide to leave. Things are more complicated than that.

I'm not sure from the OPs posts if there is anything other than the employment situation that is the problem in Canada, and Im not sure how long they have been here. Could be the job thing and a bit of temporary homesickness. Maybe its time for a family holiday back in the UK to see if the grass is really as green as they remember it.
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse

because there is no way in hell that we can live in the UK.
Hi Scouse,

Why do you say this? I always quite liked the UK and I didn't leave because of the UK being a bad place so that's why your comment interests me. Care to elaborate a little?
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:02 pm
Gone Walkabout

Originally Posted by stepnek
Hi Scouse,

Why do you say this? I always quite liked the UK and I didn't leave because of the UK being a bad place so that's why your comment interests me. Care to elaborate a little?
I am used to having space around me, and the cost of achieving this in the UK is prohibitive.
The country itself is certainly not all bad.....despite the best efforts of the politicians!
We are not looking for a mansion....quite the opposite, really. A nice mobile on 5 acres is a lot more appealing than 5 bedrooms on 100 sq feet!
It's all a matter of choice, and in the UK, we cannot afford the choice. Simple.
Old May 3rd 2005, 12:22 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not a troll, but Seacreature what IS your degree in? Why don't you apply for jobs that are asking for people with this degree? Or are you, and just not getting there?
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scouse
OoooHH!! Yes please!!!
he should also try the 'TAKE IT OUTSIDE'
I know he will love it there.
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

The work situation in Canada is such a pile of cr*p, I am just thoroughly pissed off with the place.
Seacreature buddy! come cry on my shoulder.You know i am there for you.
I can totally understand your frustration as we both know the sittuation.

I wish i had a crystal ball right now. I think we had better not find an English bar because we would drink our wages away in an hour.

keep in touch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.