want to go home

Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future
Default Re: want to go home

Just want to say, all the best, and thinking of you, I know a very close friend who went through the same situation, and it is so hard and draining, that I can only offer {{hugs and support}}

Bj
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Sandra1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pumaking
Hi i'm new to all this so please bear with me.

I have been in australia 3 months and for 2 months its been pretty bad. I feel like I want to go back and be with my friends and my small family who I trust and love.

My marriage was struggling before we arrived and to be honest for a few years before that since my husband had a one nighter with a friend of mine, I thought coming here would be a positive move to get us back on track but who was I kidding.

I guess it was a bit like thinking a baby would bring us closer to together (luckily we didnt do that)

I feel my life is disappearing before my eyes, I am 40 and need to make a change now before we go on like this for another few years, I dont feel I can bring this back. I guess I am scared to make the decision and move back lots of emotions running through my head I dont want people thinking the worse of me and me admitting my marriage has failed is something i'm not looking forward to.

I really hope people who feel their marriage is struggling before they arrive dont think that moving abroad is going to mend their marriage the chances are it wont.

thanks for listening to me ramble I had to get it off my chest
Sorry to hear your plight. I know that before I make any big, life changing decisions, it's best to make them when not in an emotional turmoil. I have found that decisions made during sadness and anxiety is possibly a decision based on trying to move away from the pain. If I may be so bold, I would suggest that if you decide to end your marriage, you might want to stay for a while and stabilize your emotions and get back on your feet and then make the decision whether you want to move back. Hope this helps. It comes from a place of "been there and done that".
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:43 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumaking
Hi i'm new to all this so please bear with me.

I have been in australia 3 months and for 2 months its been pretty bad. I feel like I want to go back and be with my friends and my small family who I trust and love.

My marriage was struggling before we arrived and to be honest for a few years before that since my husband had a one nighter with a friend of mine, I thought coming here would be a positive move to get us back on track but who was I kidding.

I guess it was a bit like thinking a baby would bring us closer to together (luckily we didnt do that)

I feel my life is disappearing before my eyes, I am 40 and need to make a change now before we go on like this for another few years, I dont feel I can bring this back. I guess I am scared to make the decision and move back lots of emotions running through my head I dont want people thinking the worse of me and me admitting my marriage has failed is something i'm not looking forward to.

I really hope people who feel their marriage is struggling before they arrive dont think that moving abroad is going to mend their marriage the chances are it wont.

thanks for listening to me ramble I had to get it off my chest
My son is 40 in January and is doing his nut - 'life is gone'

I am finished

Its too late etc etc etc

Just make sure that isnt clouding your judgement, and you arent projecting that anxiety onto your life as a whole. Most people have semi breakdowns and do silly things as that birthday approaches

A lot of spouses have cheating spouses - they just don't know about it thats all... So dont imagine that yours is a baddy and everyone else's is a goody

Life sure isnt perfect and we sometimes mess up a 'not quite good enough' life and turn it into a horrible life, by trying for a perfect life

Wait til 3 months after your birthday and reassess
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

TheDreamer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by exvj
A lot of spouses have cheating spouses - they just don't know about it thats all... So dont imagine that yours is a baddy and everyone else's is a goody
That's one of the most true statements I've heard. I've had one myself and when I found out about her I simply kicked her out but the pain is still there after many years. I do not believe in forgiving cheating spouses because they will cheat again. Just let them go, you'll be better off w/o them. If you have no kids you've lost nothing at all. Try not to feel sorry for yourself as that will stop your brain functioning properly!