Want to go home

Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:24 am
Just Joined

dsmjfabri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want to go home

Hi Everyone

What a great site must i say before starting, couldn't believe there is a whole section about reurning to the uk

Well here it goes, we emigrated to Adelaide March 2006, i knew straight away i had made the wrong decision, but i just kept it to myself.

Now over a year later i still feel the same, the only problem is OH & 13yr old daughter love it and i think would not contemplate going home.

I feel so homesick and depressed i don't know what to do, This was meant to be a dream for us both and it has turned into a nightmare for me.

I know my husband will not want to go back to the uk, sometimes i feel like just getting on a plane and leaving. What shall I do????

Sarah
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:30 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Want to go home

Hi there and welcome!

The first thing I would do in your situation (which I am) is to talk to your OH and tell him how you feel. Also, as your daughter is old enough to understand, talk to her too. Tell them both just how unhappy living there is making you and ask them what should you do?

You'll never know how they will react until you tell them how you feel. Good luck
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:34 am

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi sarah,I haven,t got the experiance of oz, but I know in a minute you have some great people on this thread who can share their views with you. I a newbie to and they really are cool.I have just popped in to say hallo and welcome.Keep strong
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:37 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dsmjfabri
Hi Everyone

What a great site must i say before starting, couldn't believe there is a whole section about reurning to the uk

Well here it goes, we emigrated to Adelaide March 2006, i knew straight away i had made the wrong decision, but i just kept it to myself.

Now over a year later i still feel the same, the only problem is OH & 13yr old daughter love it and i think would not contemplate going home.

I feel so homesick and depressed i don't know what to do, This was meant to be a dream for us both and it has turned into a nightmare for me.

I know my husband will not want to go back to the uk, sometimes i feel like just getting on a plane and leaving. What shall I do????

Sarah

fess up.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah & welcome
Glad you found this place

I'm not in the same situ as you but you cant not tell your o/h and daughter how you feel.
Good luck and know you're not alone feeling this way
Fingers crossed for you
T
xx
Old Jun 29th 2007, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks Everyone

Thanks for the replies, looks like i'm going to have to admit how i feel, they obviously know i'm not happy, but i've tried to hide how bad i'm feeling.

just feel really guilty as well, they are so happy here, wish i could just settle, but i know i'm never going to feel right here.

Anyway thanks again, glad i found this website, thought i was on my own there.

Sarah
Old Jun 29th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Sarah
Sarah, welcome to the mad place. Is it the whole Aussie experience. What about another area (like England) No just kidding. Speak to your hubby for christ sake, you cant go on living like this. Come to some middle ground where everybody is happy. This will eat away at you and come back to haunt you. C'mon Sarah, think about it. You know it makes sense because if you keep this up, you'll end up ill. Good luck and god bless. Keep us posted
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:19 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Everyone

Thanks for the replies, looks like i'm going to have to admit how i feel, they obviously know i'm not happy, but i've tried to hide how bad i'm feeling.

just feel really guilty as well, they are so happy here, wish i could just settle, but i know i'm never going to feel right here.

Anyway thanks again, glad i found this website, thought i was on my own there.

Sarah

sarah

tell them tonight! they may surprise you and if nothing else it will sow the seed for a return to england for you slowly slowly catches your monkey

it isnt going to be easy, i can just imagine the butterflys! start with hubby on his own and see how the land lies, then involve your daughter if and when her life may change.

let us know how it all goes and goodluck

mand
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 1:35 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

You need to tell them how you feel and listen to what their thoughts and feelings are. My hubby has always wanted to come here and I did too. He'd done the backpacking thing where I had only been on a six week trip to validate the visa! We sold up lock stock and barrel and moved here. Got off the plane and thought WTF! We still are unsure about what we all want ....hubby and son love it but me and my daughter not too sure. The thing is we talk and talk and talk but also try and listen to each other. It hasn't changed our situation much but I feel so much better for communicating. It's hard and I know there's no right answer...just got to try.

All the best

Ginny
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 3:46 am
Just Joined

tpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nice

Hi Everyone

Sarah
Hi Sarah ,
I felt the same way when i found this site, wow its not just me.
I have been here a year now and really knew it wasn't for me bafore we left the UK but OH had a dream and he loves it here but the kids(3) and me want to go home .
I feel the same way when i pass a travel shop or flight center, but haven't done it yet.
i agree with all those who have advised you to fess up to OH and you may be surprised at his reaction, if he loves you he will want to help you, he maybe hurt that you have not told him before.
good luck
it can only help to talk.

Miranda XXX
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 4:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Sarah
Hello there...welcome to BE.

I felt exactly the same way as you for about 2 years after moving to the US. I still have pangs of homesickness...something silly can trigger it off. Take earlier today for instance...I was in a shop staring at a display of Cadbury's chocolate...I have been walking down England's memory lane ever since.

I agree with what others have said...talk it over with your husband asap...tell him how you feel. Good luck.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 2nd 2007 at 4:58 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Hi Again

Well thanks again for all you replies, it has been great to get advise about this hideous mess i'm in

Well i told my husband last night.....

He was so wonderful, he said he'll go back to the u.k if it will make me happy, I was sooo excited, but then all i kept thinking about was how selfish i am. Did anyone else feel like this?

I will talk to my daughter soon, and see what happens there, i also have a 12yr son who has never really settled, i won't say anything to him yet as he would be ever so upset if we stayed here.

Oh, what a big mess eh, hopefully this is the start of us returning to the uk, hope so...

Anyway thanks again, what a lovely bunch of people

Sarah
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Again

Well thanks again for all you replies, it has been great to get advise about this hideous mess i'm in

He was so wonderful, he said he'll go back to the u.k if it will make me happy, I was sooo excited, but then all i kept thinking about was how selfish i am. Did anyone else feel like this?

I will talk to my daughter soon, and see what happens there, i also have a 12yr son who has never really settled, i won't say anything to him yet as he would be ever so upset if we stayed here.

Oh, what a big mess eh, hopefully this is the start of us returning to the uk, hope so...

Sarah
Ahh Sarah

Thats great news, I'm so relieved for you.
Not as big as mees as you though eh!
Good luck
xxx
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Again

Sarah
I was going to add to my previous post 'you may be surprised by your husband's reaction'...I should have done because you were.

Don't think of it as a big mess but rather an adventure that didn't quite work out as you had hoped...at least you gave it a try.

All the best.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Hi Everyone

Sarah
Hi Sarah,
why don't you come along to the coffee morning that Wendy has arranged,it might cheer you up. time 9.30am 4th July at Starbucks across from the Myer centre in Rundle Mall........hope that you can make it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.