The Vote

Old Jun 23rd 2016, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all
Default The Vote

Hello All, would the Vote today how it goes, would it affect families from being together, i understand it should not but stranger things have happened..
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 8:00 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Vote

Originally Posted by goins
Hello All, would the Vote today how it goes, would it affect families from being together, i understand it should not but stranger things have happened..
No-one on this site or even in government really knows what will happen in the 7 years it is expected to take if the vote is 'leave' before the UK is finally out of the EU. Everything said by the 'leave' people is pure guesswork as most of the things will be for the rest of the EU to decide.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

Remain or Leave, I think we will see a different approach to immigration and it will probably not make immigration any easier.

I do not think the EU route will be as accessible as it is now although it may take years to see any changes.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 1:45 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyleo
Remain or Leave, I think we will see a different approach to immigration and it will probably not make immigration any easier.

I do not think the EU route will be as accessible as it is now although it may take years to see any changes.
I think the direction of the vote will make a huge difference on immigration, especially EU migration.

Why do people want to immigrate to the UK? and why do many EU migrants aspire to come to the UK? (bear in mind, orders of magnitude higher numbers migrate between schengen countries than to the UK).

I expect it would be jobs and benefits, right? The UK currently has both to offer.

If the vote goes to remain, little will likely change with respect to EU migration or immigration in general. At least not in the near term.

...but if it goes to brexit, then the most attractive reasons for migrating to the UK will very likely become significantly less so (e.g., jobs, benefits, etc), and that could all change rather quickly, and last for a long time.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

Hoping from the north American side where I am ..Toronto should not have an affect on us..
Old Jun 24th 2016, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
No-one on this site or even in government really knows what will happen in the 7 years it is expected to take if the vote is 'leave' before the UK is finally out of the EU. Everything said by the 'leave' people is pure guesswork as most of the things will be for the rest of the EU to decide.
How did you come up with 7 years? Thought it was 2.

On another note, I guess we will all need new passports! And I just renewed mine
Old Jun 24th 2016, 4:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perth
How did you come up with 7 years? Thought it was 2.

On another note, I guess we will all need new passports! And I just renewed mine

two to two and a half has been said, but others in and around government both in the UK and EU have said that untangling the UK from all the various parts of EU legislation may take up to seven years, probably be somewhere in between, but remember that the government hasn't passed article 50 yet, and nothing can start until that happens. Some MPs are saying they will try and block it.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
two to two and a half has been said, but others in and around government both in the UK and EU have said that untangling the UK from all the various parts of EU legislation may take up to seven years, probably be somewhere in between, but remember that the government hasn't passed article 50 yet, and nothing can start until that happens. Some MPs are saying they will try and block it.
Was just reading about that - may take 7 years. Surely not though. No one wants their ex living with them for 7 years after he/she's asked for the divorce!

Interesting that Article 50 could be stopped. Makes you wonder why there was a referendum at all. Lots of Leave people having buyer's remorse today after seeing the effect on the pound
Old Jun 24th 2016, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Also now reading about Britain being told to piss off as soon as possible. I really don't think it will take 7 years. Besides, there is another referendum for Scotland being considered. That will happen sooner rather than later. I wonder how long it will take them to be accepted into the EU?
Old Jun 24th 2016, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

Also now reading about Britain being told to piss off as soon as possible. I really don't think it will take 7 years. Besides, there is another referendum for Scotland being considered. That will happen sooner rather than later. I wonder how long it will take them to be accepted into the EU?

The future I see is that Scotland will vote to leave the UK. They will join the EU and adopt the Euro.

Then when the EU collapses and the Euro falls even faster than the pound, they will realize that maybe being part of the UK wasn't quite so bad.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

New passports would have to be phased in, because there is no way the authorities could cope with everyone renewing theirs at the same time. Just like they phase in new designs. In fact I am quite sad and I renew mine every time they do a redesign, which is every five years!
Old Jun 25th 2016, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyleo
The future I see is that Scotland will vote to leave the UK. They will join the EU and adopt the Euro.

Then when the EU collapses and the Euro falls even faster than the pound, they will realize that maybe being part of the UK wasn't quite so bad.
Love it, good post!
Old Jun 25th 2016, 1:36 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Was just reading about that - may take 7 years. Surely not though. No one wants their ex living with them for 7 years after he/she's asked for the divorce!

Interesting that Article 50 could be stopped. Makes you wonder why there was a referendum at all. Lots of Leave people having buyer's remorse today after seeing the effect on the pound
Being that most leave people are said to be white working class then the drop in the pound won't even cross their minds as they shop at Tesco for the cheapest lager to celebrate

Don't you mean the fat cats in London and stock and share owners are having sleepless nights !
Old Jun 25th 2016, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

For clarity, I am putting my lawyers hat on, which I don't do often.

The treaty is actually pretty clear - one of the few bits that it is clear on.

Article 50 states that once a state gives notice under article 50, there is a period of up to 2 years to finalise the terms of exit. If no finalisation has occurred by then end of two years, then the exit is automatic. So, stop reading garbage in the press.

In reality, I suspect, given the statements from the EU, that it will be much quicker. Though Cameron may delay the article 50 trigger until he leaves office in September / October
Old Jun 25th 2016, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Being that most leave people are said to be white working class then the drop in the pound won't even cross their minds as they shop at Tesco for the cheapest lager to celebrate

Don't you mean the fat cats in London and stock and share owners are having sleepless nights !
I am sure they are feeling it immediately. The rest will soon enough. There is a petition with over 1.3 million asking for a recall. I'm sure that won't happen, but I will bet a shilling that there are a number in there that voted Leave the first time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.