Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Visiting the UK after retiring

Visiting the UK after retiring

Old Jan 14th 2019, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

jacks50p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visiting the UK after retiring

Could anyone advise? Did anyone apply for a spousal visa in the UK while on a valid 6 month stay from the US? We would be retired so my US husband would not be working. Thank you.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting the UK after retiring

Originally Posted by jacks50p
Could anyone advise? Did anyone apply for a spousal visa in the UK while on a valid 6 month stay from the US? We would be retired so my US husband would not be working. Thank you.

You cannot apply for a spouse visa while in the UK as a visitor. The applicant needs to apply from their home or legally resident country.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

jacks50p is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You cannot apply for a spouse visa while in the UK as a visitor. The applicant needs to apply from their home or legally resident country.
Thanks, I see that now. I guess I am a little excited, it was a little confusing on first reading it. However, I (being the citizen of the UK), does not have to be in the US right? I can go ahead if we choose to do it that way.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 7:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacks50p
Thanks, I see that now. I guess I am a little excited, it was a little confusing on first reading it. However, I (being the citizen of the UK), does not have to be in the US right? …..
Correct, it is quite common for a UK citizen who is resident in the UK to apply for a spouse who is living outside the UK.