Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

VIRGIN ATLANTIC: wont let our friends fly 'cos their little boy sick!

VIRGIN ATLANTIC: wont let our friends fly 'cos their little boy sick!

Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of
Default Re: VIRGIN ATLANTIC: wont let our friends fly 'cos their little boy sick!

Originally Posted by JEM3110
Don't tell me, children should be seen and not heard right?

Travelling with young children is stressful enough, as it is, without having fellow passengers tut-tutting in your ear all the time!
Not at all I have 4 of my own and have in the past had terrible flights with them screaming non stop. My point was about misbehaved, not crying children
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VIRGIN ATLANTIC: wont let our friends fly 'cos their little boy sick!

Originally Posted by meauxna
Have you ever seen an adult with Shingles? It's a related virus and omg, I've never seen anyone in such pain...

!
i had it in my eye when i was 17
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:45 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
"Canoe U" = boat = United States Naval Academy graduate. Mr Speaker (aka Tuberculosis Andy) is also a lawyer (albeit of the ambulance chasing sort instead of the useful immigration species). That he would knowingly expose others to a potentially deadly disease beggars belief, and I'm glad to see that some of those others are suing HIM.
This old-fashioned pen runs red.

Seven letters, third letter 'B'.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i had it in my eye when i was 17
how horrible!
Neighbor lady had it erupt when she was pregnant (1 more reason to not have kids) and it ran all up/down that nerve on the side of her face.. into her ear and everything.
yikes!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:01 am
Account Closed

how horrible!
Neighbor lady had it erupt when she was pregnant (1 more reason to not have kids) and it ran all up/down that nerve on the side of her face.. into her ear and everything.
yikes!
it was actually on the back of my left eyeball and very rare so the drs said. i do remember the pain was excruciating and there was fear that i'd lose my eye sight which thankfully i didn't
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:03 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

how horrible!
yikes!
Yes shingles is horrible and the pain can go on for years.

I think its a common misconception that a person with chickenpox can spread it to another giving them shingles, its not the case even though the virus is the same (though someone who hasn't had chickenpox can contract chickenpox from shingles)

It is contracted from within the person - once someone has had chickenpox the virus is 'dormant' and can sometimes 'awaken' causing shingles.
But it comes from inside the person not an outside source.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru

I think its a common misconception that a person with chickenpox can spread it to another giving them shingles, its not the case even though the virus is the same (though someone who hasn't had chickenpox can contract chickenpox from shingles)

It is contracted from within the person - once someone has had chickenpox the virus is 'dormant' and can sometimes 'awaken' causing shingles.
Yep that's what I thought too.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:05 am
Account Closed

correct or that is how it was explained to me.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:12 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

it was actually on the back of my left eyeball and very rare so the drs said. i do remember the pain was excruciating and there was fear that i'd lose my eye sight which thankfully i didn't
I got chicken pox when I was 27. Work wouldn't believe me, everything worked out fine I got two weeks off and a great view of the Premiership Final for some reason all the calomine lotion on my face seemed to scare everyone away from me
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
I got chicken pox when I was 27. Work wouldn't believe me, everything worked out fine I got two weeks off and a great view of the Premiership Final for some reason all the calomine lotion on my face seemed to scare everyone away from me
Good job you weren't pregnant Thyd.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Thydney
it sounded like a case of 'hey mate, is your face hurting you coz it's killing me'
Old Mar 18th 2008, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hope that the little one gets well soon!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 1:55 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

it sounded like a case of 'hey mate, is your face hurting you coz it's killing me'
It was great a good 20 feet around me in the best position on the ground
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:18 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
when i went thru tokio 2 weeks ago, there is a sensor that everyone has to walk thru to see if u have a temperature. If u do, your carted off to quarentine... oh the joy
ooo. thats quite exciting! v innovative, what if you are menopausal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.