Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Vet - Perth for rabies vacs for possible return to UK

Vet - Perth for rabies vacs for possible return to UK

Old Nov 4th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of
Default Vet - Perth for rabies vacs for possible return to UK

We've now been in Perth for 16 months (not counting ) and will be moving on again within the the next year or so. Our 7 month old puppy will be coming with us (we don't know where yet) so we need to get organised with regard to rabies vaccinations incase it's the UK, Europe or US. As we only stay in a country for approx 2 years - 6 months quarantine is NOT an option.

Our current vet, although very nice, is a bit scatter-brained and I wouldn't trust him to know all the ins and outs of the defra procedure. Can anyone recommend a vet they have used for their return to UK?

Willing to travel almost anywhere in Perth for the right vet.

Thanks

Galba
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:18 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Vet - Perth for rabies vacs for possible return to UK

Originally Posted by galba
We've now been in Perth for 16 months (not counting ) and will be moving on again within the the next year or so. Our 7 month old puppy will be coming with us (we don't know where yet) so we need to get organised with regard to rabies vaccinations incase it's the UK, Europe or US. As we only stay in a country for approx 2 years - 6 months quarantine is NOT an option.

Our current vet, although very nice, is a bit scatter-brained and I wouldn't trust him to know all the ins and outs of the defra procedure. Can anyone recommend a vet they have used for their return to UK?

Willing to travel almost anywhere in Perth for the right vet.

Thanks

Galba
We used South Street vets, they have an Indian guy there who is very up on the whole thing, he did my mums dog too (she went back earlier this year). Cant remember his name, but the vets are in Myaree I think, or close to that area, and are called South Street Vets. Dont go to the one I first went to, he was in Riverton. Completely off the planet. If you need a pet shipper, try Roellen Pet Transport. Only costs $1800 for a small dog and that includes crate, final vet check and shipping. She collects your dog the day before you fly
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Vet - Perth for rabies vacs for possible return to UK

hi

we just had our cat vaccinated for rabies as going back to scotland in 2009.we used vet at dogswamp(wanneroo road) 94446800.they were very good to piper,vet nurse a treasure as she bathed him - being a bad traveller and pooped everywhere!!!

audrey