Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Venting about packet 3 again, sorry..

Venting about packet 3 again, sorry..

Old Jan 19th 2004, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Venting about packet 3 again, sorry..

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Any idea's....?
bump
Old Jan 19th 2004, 2:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

bump
CaliforniaGroom answered your question dutch. Some US Consulates will not do the interview without the actual paper file in front of them but apparently your US Consulate wants the electronic file as well. I believe the electronic file is what the centers have entered into the database regarding your petitions and comes from the actual paperwork and clearances done by them on your petition. Suppose timeline depends on the person assigned to do the key work on the database. You would think it would be done while the file was there and updated immediately, but apparently as your case shows, it does not.

Rete
Old Jan 19th 2004, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
CaliforniaGroom answered your question dutch. Some US Consulates will not do the interview without the actual paper file in front of them but apparently your US Consulate wants the electronic file as well. I believe the electronic file is what the centers have entered into the database regarding your petitions and comes from the actual paperwork and clearances done by them on your petition. Suppose timeline depends on the person assigned to do the key work on the database. You would think it would be done while the file was there and updated immediately, but apparently as your case shows, it does not.

Rete
Thanks Rete.
This is just driving me nuts here......
Old Jan 19th 2004, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

And you're driving us nuts, Dutch!! Just teasing. I'm sad to hear you haven't received your Packet 3 yet. I hope you get it sometime this week! We're hoping for ours this week too. Do you have all the paperwork ready for the interview? We're trying to complete everything so that we can return the checklist immediately!

And in the meantime, of course, you can drive yourself even more crazy by going over all of your forms and documents and making sure you've answered everything and have everything you need. Nothing like going over the same papers 3 or 4 times. But that's just me being anal retentive again.

Hey, check out our pics that I finally added!
Old Jan 19th 2004, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
And you're driving us nuts, Dutch!! Just teasing.
I'm sorry, I'll quit whining.....
Do you have all the paperwork ready for the interview? We're trying to complete everything so that we can return the checklist immediately!
Everything is ready. All I need is to return the checklist...
And in the meantime, of course, you can drive yourself even more crazy by going over all of your forms and documents and making sure you've answered everything and have everything you need. Nothing like going over the same papers 3 or 4 times. But that's just me being anal retentive again.

Hey, check out our pics that I finally added!
I love your pics........
Old Jan 19th 2004, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, I'll quit whining.....
Hey now, Dutchy, don't be like that. Feel free to rant if ya want to - that way I won't feel so bad when I start to. While we're waiting around, we don't have anything better to do anyways. (and don't you think this winking smiley looks like a pirate w/an eyepatch?)

Cheers,
Jamie
Old Jan 19th 2004, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
(and don't you think this winking smiley looks like a pirate w/an eyepatch?)
LOL! Now we *know* you have too much time on your hands, Jamie!

Kath