Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

V=Changed my mind...don't want to be here anymore

Wikiposts

V=Changed my mind...don't want to be here anymore

Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:52 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: V=Changed my mind...don't want to be here anymore

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I read something about someone from the Tonibell family coming to Moncton to sell ice cream.

Here

Not quite the same family, on re-reading.
Oh i see!! Funny as i wouldnt relate Canada and icecream...silly really
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:52 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75
Have to agree its been excellent weather long may it last, i was just saying to a friend who is freezing in Brisbane that its the only time Ive actually intentionally sat in the sun, no wait out side lol no mossies ,no ants trying to chew on my feet. no flies trying to land on your food as your putting it in your mouth long sunny evenings. some one explain to me why did any of us go to Australia in the first place lol
Yes, why did we??
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:59 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Yes, why did we??

you dont know what you have till its gone my eyes are so wide open now
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:01 am
I don't give a damn

BTW.. temp by the pool today is 27 ! very good for blighty

But i have to sit under a tree to be able to read my laptop oh this is the life
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Caymanite is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, 27 degrees is fantastic!

It is 31 degrees in the Cayman Islands, with 90% humidity - oh and today is the first day of hurricane season

Would much rather be back home walking my 4 year old to see the ducks in Hebden Bridge.....sigh.......

The only thing that bothers me about UK summers are the wasps.....hate those blighters with a passion. However, I find I hate mozzies, biting ants & scorpions much more.

Hope it lasts for you guys, heard it is going to be a lovely summer back there.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:30 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Caymanite
Wow, 27 degrees is fantastic!

It is 31 degrees in the Cayman Islands, with 90% humidity - oh and today is the first day of hurricane season

Would much rather be back home walking my 4 year old to see the ducks in Hebden Bridge.....sigh.......

The only thing that bothers me about UK summers are the wasps.....hate those blighters with a passion. However, I find I hate mozzies, biting ants & scorpions much more.

Hope it lasts for you guys, heard it is going to be a lovely summer back there.

I cant bare the humidity. Some days were dreadful in Sydney.

Not seen any wasps yet, but i'm sure they'll turn up sooner or later. From memory, i always remembered them more at the back end of summer when the fruit is ripe. I have seen a lot of bumble bees though, but i dont mind them. They serve a usueful purpose
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:42 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

I cant bare the humidity. Some days were dreadful in Sydney.

Not seen any wasps yet, but i'm sure they'll turn up sooner or later. From memory, i always remembered them more at the back end of summer when the fruit is ripe. I have seen a lot of bumble bees though, but i dont mind them. They serve a usueful purpose
Yep Its more end of August september when the wasps come out isnt it at least they are big enough to spot and loud so easy to get rid of
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Caymanite is an unknown quantity at this point

I have serious problems with them, so does my younger sister......

Have been known to exit a car on a major roadway (yes I was the driver) because one itty bitty buzzing wasp came in the window. Smart I know.

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:21 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caymanite
Over here people put up artificial wasps nests. Apparently wasps won't build a nest close to another. A guy we had in to get rid of a nest said it was true.

Doesn't stop them swarming in a park, but can keep them away from the home. Do they have them in the UK? If not, might be worth taking a couple back.

Bev
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:30 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely we had a high of 26 and dropping this week.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

ITS TOO HOT!!

Been to the pool again with the kids, but have left them all up there as i was starting to wilt in the sun.

Whilst lying on the grass, i heard another childhood memory. Tonibell the ice cream van (or cree cree man as the kids called it) rolled up playing his tune. Got myself an oyster shell with choccie sauce on remember them? yummo!
Reminded me of Sunday afternoons watching Bullseye and Savori's Icecream van would roll into our avenue (just after our Sunday Lunch...well timed) we use to all have a twist 99 with extra chocolate sauce..no matter what the weather...it was always busy...I think the music was 3 blind mice....and you know what?....the van still comes around on Sunday's and is still as busy and now my brother buys his children the same...where did those years go?......
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:39 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Oh i see!! Funny as i wouldnt relate Canada and icecream...silly really
We have lots of it

But coincidentally my Canadian 18 year old stepdaughter just informed me that she's never seen an ice cream van.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:14 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
We have lots of it

But coincidentally my Canadian 18 year old stepdaughter just informed me that she's never seen an ice cream van.
They do have them in some places. Usually pre-packaged stuff, though. Not real ice cream.

It's too hot here at the moment. Records. Up around 30 C. Not pleasant at all,

Bev
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Reminded me of Sunday afternoons watching Bullseye
when I was home at Xmas, Dad and I watched some old episodes that were on Sky. Digital clock radio, oooh aaah.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
when I was home at Xmas, Dad and I watched some old episodes that were on Sky. Digital clock radio, oooh aaah.
Peter Kay does a real good impression of Bullseye at one of his shows.....iiiiiin...onnnnnnne etc...I was in my early teens ...not cool to say it out loud then but I really enjoyed watching it.....of course with my "twist 99" icecream....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.