Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Using aus child care seat in the UK

Wikiposts

Using aus child care seat in the UK

Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

vicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant future
Default Using aus child care seat in the UK

We are visiting the UK soon with a 10 month old baby and planning to take her childseat with us and was wondering if australian seats are legal to use in cars in the Uk? And do they actually fit into any cars, I guess it is pretty standard.

And now that I am on topic, is it possible to get a black cab from Heathrow with a baby if she is in a stroller and have her like that in the taxi? What about if you plan to get on a bus out of the airport?
Has anybody has experience with this and any tips on travelling on a long haul flight with a baby?

Many thanks.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:24 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using aus child care seat in the UK

I used our US car seat while on holiday one year, I then found out that you are supposed to use a UK seat, but seeing it was a few weeks I didn't go out and buy a new seat.
I did buy a high back booster to leave in Mums garage for our last visit.
It's all a bit confusing I think especially if you bring the seat so they can use it on the plane.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 12:24 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
we are planning a trip back in July with a 6 month old, after looking into this, we have decided it will be easier to rent a car from the airport with a child seat installed, also saves carrying it on the plane with you, as babies shouldn't be in car seat for more that 2 hours its bad for their growing spines.

hope this helps
Old Jan 28th 2011, 12:47 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure that UK and Aus seats are equally as good. However, seems that each country insists that the others isn't up to scratch.