Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

USA Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp in the UK?

USA Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp in the UK?

Old Mar 11th 2019, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

dojoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp in the UK?

I've got a vintage amp. 120volts 50-60 cycles AC is what it says. Has a grounded 3 prong USA cable. Will this work in UK?
Old Mar 11th 2019, 2:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp in the UK?

Originally Posted by dojoman
….. Will this work in UK?
Yes, if you plug it into a step-down transformer.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

thank you!
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:23 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome. ….. And I would recommend that for a demanding application like a amplifier, you should buy a transformer rated for at least twice the wattage (power draw, not audio output) of the amplifier, per the spec plate on the back.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

gotcha... thank you.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:32 pm

gotcha... thank you.
You're welcome.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Sir, One more question. Let's say I buy a good step down transformer. Can I plug a power strip into that and run small items into the power strip, like a lamp, a monitor, a lap top, a hard drive, a printer etc.?
Old Mar 14th 2019, 6:20 pm

Sir, One more question. Let's say I buy a good step down transformer. Can I plug a power strip into that and run small items into the power strip, like a lamp, a monitor, a lap top, a hard drive, a printer etc.?
Yes, there is no practical reason why you can't, but you should always be careful not to overload the transformer, nor to leave it unattended.

Daisy-chaining things together using splitters and power strips is generally frowned upon as a fire hazard, though in practice that is because of either (i) overloading, or (ii) loose plugs leading to a short, but you are unlikely to have a problem, so long as you avoid overloading and to repeat "do not leave your transformer plugged in and unattended." While the risk is small, anecdotally it appears that insurers may have a problem with transformers - they see them as an increased fire hazard, so aside from not wanting to burn down your home, you also need to be careful as you might have an issue claiming on your insurance if there is a fire, even if the transformer didn't start it.

I have used a couple myself, for step-up purposes, and have never had a problem, but I treat them with respect!
Old Mar 15th 2019, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: USA Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp in the UK?

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Yes, there is no practical reason why you can't, but you should always be careful not to overload the transformer, nor to leave it unattended.

Daisy-chaining things together using splitters and power strips is generally frowned upon as a fire hazard, though in practice that is because of either (i) overloading, or (ii) loose plugs leading to a short, but you are unlikely to have a problem, so long as you avoid overloading and to repeat "do not leave your transformer plugged in and unattended." While the risk is small, anecdotally it appears that insurers may have a problem with transformers - they see them as an increased fire hazard, so aside from not wanting to burn down your home, you also need to be careful as you might have an issue claiming on your insurance if there is a fire, even if the transformer didn't start it.

I have used a couple myself, for step-up purposes, and have never had a problem, but I treat them with respect!
Got it. Wise words. Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2019, 8:09 pm

Got it. Wise words. Thanks
Ur welcome.