USA citizens move to UK

Old Sep 9th 2021, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

hopentyler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA citizens move to UK

Hi I looking for guidance from an American citizen that moved to UK. I would love some feedback. I am planning on moving from USA to UK, but I have no idea what to do or where to look. I did look if my company has any hospitals they are with. To my surprise yes. Next I have to find out if they would sponsor me. How do you find out if your current company would sponsor without letting

Last edited by hopentyler; Sep 9th 2021 at 7:58 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2021, 8:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA citizens move to UK

If you wish to check whether your employer is able to sponsor you for a Skilled Worker visa then you can check to see whether they appear on the sponsor list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...onsors-workers
Old Sep 10th 2021, 2:27 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the list, and I did see that London bridge Hospital is on the list of registered sponsors. So now I need to figure out will they transfer me to another country, but I don't want them to know that I'm moving just yet.
Old Sep 10th 2021, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

The NHS often sponsors medical professionals
Old Sep 10th 2021, 10:52 am
Just Joined

That’s good to hear that the NHS does sponsorship 😻
Old Sep 10th 2021, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

What is your profession?
Old Sep 10th 2021, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

When enquiring about a possible transfer you don't tell your employer that you are going to move anyway, you just say that you are interested in moving to xxx and whether there would be an opportunity to transfer with your company.

Asking only opens the door to maybe moving if the opportunity arises.
Old Sep 10th 2021, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

I deal with authorization for doctors and I am going back to school to complete my education in healthcare administration.
Old Sep 10th 2021, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Unless your job is on the shortage skills list you won't be eligible:

I don't think the list below is fully comprehensive, but it gives a good idea of what skilled workers are needed

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/your-job

If you look on the London Bridge Hospital web site you can see what job openings there are at the moment. Note, not all jobs on this list will qualify for work visas due to salary levels.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Sep 10th 2021 at 6:10 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2021, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Interesting I was able to pull up the register companies that sponsor, and I did see London bridge hospital was on the list. I have to contact with their HR department to find out inter transfer from 1 county to another county within the same company.

Last edited by hopentyler; Sep 10th 2021 at 6:44 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2021, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

I did contact my HR and they did advise that I have to contact with London bridge hospital when it comes to sponsorship if I do or don’t need one for inter transfer employee. I just sent an email too London bridge hospital to discuss about the protocols for inter transfer employees from the same company from one country to another
Old Sep 10th 2021, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.gov.uk/intracompany-transfer-worker-visa

Eligibility

To qualify for an Intra-company visa, you must:
  • be an existing employee of an organisation that’s been approved by the Home Office as a sponsor
  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
  • do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
  • be paid at least £41,500 for an Intra-company Transfer visa or at least £23,000 for an Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa
Old Sep 10th 2021, 8:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your occupation doesn’t need to appear on the skills shortage list in order for you to be sponsored for a Skilled Worker visa however if you qualify I would opt for the Health and Care Worker visa as you would be exempt from the Immigration Health Surcharge.

https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa

Avoid the ICT visa if possible because it wouldn’t lead to settlement.
Old Sep 10th 2021, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Oh boy I got a lot of reading to do 😂
Old Sep 12th 2021, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the information on the ICT visa if I had gone thru that route I would have never had qualified for settlement.