Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

US rental and share income

US rental and share income

Old Jul 30th 2017, 2:40 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 21
Ukoneday is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US rental and share income

I'm a dual US/UK citizen, my husband is a US citizen. We are resident in the US and have been for our 12 year marriage. We have a small number of residential and commercial rental properties in the US and some shares. The properties are owned outright and so we do not have mortgage responsibilities or any other debt in the US.
If we move to the U.K. and continue to collect rental income from US properties, how are we taxed? If we sell the US assets before we leave the US and move the proceeds to the U.K., how are we taxed? Different tax professionals are telling us different things.
Many Thanks.
Ukoneday is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.