US banks in the UK

Old Dec 5th 2021, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Revans18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US banks in the UK

I’m moving back to the UK next year, after spending many years in the US. I need some info on banking, I read that Citibank and HSBC both have US and UK branches, but they both require HUGE minimum balances, which is not possible for me. HSBC is eliminating their regular people accounts and going with “wealth” accounts starting in January 2022. Does anyone know if Bank of America has branches in the UK/London? I do know that Bank of America has an agreement with Barclays for use of ATMs. I’m looking for any advice on banking….leave my Bank of America account open and use that until I can open a UK bank account? I know that may take time and require proof of residency. Thanks!
Old Dec 7th 2021, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

tdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US banks in the UK

JPMorgan Chase has recently or soon will open a digital bank in the UK, branded as Chase. I don't know if you could access this if you were to bank with them in the US.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, I will research!
Old Dec 7th 2021, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

This link may provide some useful information: https://wise.com/gb/blog/how-to-open...-account-in-uk
This is from the Wise website and the Wise Multi-Currency account may be a useful bridge until you are UK resident.

Bank of America does not have UK branches.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you!
Old Dec 7th 2021, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

I found this good article about the new Chase account. You need to be a UK resident to apply, which won’t work for me (yet). I’ll keep searching!
https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/09...s-it-any-good/
Old Dec 7th 2021, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

tdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond repute

The digital challenger banks (like Wise mentioned above) will let you open an account without proof of (UK) address. Useful article:

https://www.william-russell.com/blog...k-as-an-expat/