Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Urgently need some sensible advice

Urgently need some sensible advice

Old May 18th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgently need some sensible advice

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Shame.. I shall miss him

Do you think he was on drugs?
Either too many drugs or too few
Old May 20th 2008, 3:48 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alentejo joe
enough said
You sound simple.
Old May 20th 2008, 3:49 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

its like spoilt child syndrome always want what you cant have and you all agree with her sometimes you have to say austrailia is the dogs nuts but not for me.not blaming employers etc:curse:
You really do sound simple? Are you allowed to use the PC on your own?
Old May 20th 2008, 3:52 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

sorry but its always im right and everything else is wrong
Are you simple or is that a difficult question for someone as intellectually challenged as you?
Old May 20th 2008, 7:47 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update for those who were interested.

Apparently, unbeknown to me, the reason I was put in this rather awkward position last week, was because other interested parties were unhappy with his performance and they were considering firing him!!
Anyhow, the deed has been done, although he has not left but has been demoted to a different department.
Does not change a thing for me. I am still happy to be going to London, BUT, the guy taking over from him has said he is very sad to see me go and if things do not work out in London the door will always be open for me in Sydney!

What a saga aye?!!

I must have blinkers on because I had no idea there was hostile goings on behind the scenes!!
Old May 20th 2008, 7:51 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought so Flea (post 7), they just needed a good reason.

I don't think he is manager material by the sounds of it, at least the person that takes over from you will be happier and not go through the same as you had to.

What a nice thing for that other manager to say to you.

Last edited by Cassie 10000; May 20th 2008 at 7:55 am. Reason: spelling
Old May 22nd 2008, 2:30 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update for those who were interested.

Apparently, unbeknown to me, the reason I was put in this rather awkward position last week, was because other interested parties were unhappy with his performance and they were considering firing him!!
Anyhow, the deed has been done, although he has not left but has been demoted to a different department.
Does not change a thing for me. I am still happy to be going to London, BUT, the guy taking over from him has said he is very sad to see me go and if things do not work out in London the door will always be open for me in Sydney!

What a saga aye?!!

I must have blinkers on because I had no idea there was hostile goings on behind the scenes!!
Seems to be a lot of 'managers' in Aus who have no ability to do the job they are employed for. The guy who I took over from when he retired 'managed' by doing the job of shop floor staff for years rather than get them to do it themselves. Now I don't mind a bit of hands on when it's warranted, but to work 12 hour days because you can't do your own job for carrying them, that's not managing in my book. They did have a bit of a culture shock once I took over, but it's smooth running now and no-one is working sh*t loads of overtime. I think, culturally and professionally, we're poles apart in terms of what is expected of people at this level.
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:08 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Are you simple or is that a difficult question for someone as intellectually challenged as you?
Well, Dungroamin you did not get very far with this wind up did you.

Good luck Flea and I hope that your trip back is a success although I don't envy you working or commuting to London. You are my neighbour by the way - I bet. For a short while I lived in High Easter. Nice place - nearly crucified me....
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:06 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old Lob

Good luck Flea and I hope that your trip back is a success although I don't envy you working or commuting to London. You are my neighbour by the way - I bet. For a short while I lived in High Easter. Nice place - nearly crucified me....
Thanks old lob!

My daughter lives bit further south than High Easter. She is in Hockley village. She is looking to move though, maybe even more rural!!

I will have to stay with my other daugther in Pinner NW London to start with as it is much nearer to the new job if i get it, but ultimately I want to be more up your way.

Who was dunromaing winding up? That joe blow knob end has been banned i think so wouldnt have been reading the thread for a while
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:11 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Seems to be a lot of 'managers' in Aus who have no ability to do the job they are employed for. The guy who I took over from when he retired 'managed' by doing the job of shop floor staff for years rather than get them to do it themselves. Now I don't mind a bit of hands on when it's warranted, but to work 12 hour days because you can't do your own job for carrying them, that's not managing in my book. They did have a bit of a culture shock once I took over, but it's smooth running now and no-one is working sh*t loads of overtime. I think, culturally and professionally, we're poles apart in terms of what is expected of people at this level.
You aint wrong there!!

I have had a very amusing last 2 days in my office. We have an open plan office. I just happen to share our section with both parties involved in the reshuffle. Talk about cut the atmospshere with a knife! I am the only one either will talk to! hehehehe....
Sooo, I keep chatting about my flight, hopes for London, blah blah blah... isnt it funny that blokes normally dont give a toss about small talk... I have had 100% attention from both parties today... they got no one else to talk too
Australian men.. dont ya just love ém?
Old May 22nd 2008, 2:31 pm
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

Thanks old lob!

That joe blow knob end
Fierce !!!
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:43 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by Old Lob
They were serious questions!
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
They were serious questions!
which were unanswerable cos the poster is no longer with us
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:01 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
which were unanswerable cos the poster is no longer with us
I guess my questions just felt therapeutic after having to suffer such drivel on the part of the troll.