Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

URGENT has ANYONE actually used a pet transportation company?

URGENT has ANYONE actually used a pet transportation company?

Old Mar 15th 2020, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Lis123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT has ANYONE actually used a pet transportation company?

Hi,

I have a small window and too much detail to go into.
Am forced to look at pet transportation company.

So far looking at Starwood and Petmovers.com
I am in Norcal.

Please - no advice on TOR just solid, real referrals for a trusted company.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 1:23 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT has ANYONE actually used a pet transportation company?

Yes, lots of people - probably a couple of questions/ threads each month.

If you use the search Forums function (near the top right of the screen, then select Advanced search, and search for "dog" and choose the MBttUK forum and you will find a short list of threads started by people who took their dog(s) back to the UK - most appear to be from the US.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Pulaski,

i read many, and struggled to find any actual recommendations, hence me posting.
lots of info, advice, TOR and airline details but not so much actual company names.

cheers
Lis
Old Mar 20th 2020, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I've used two different companies (for the same pet). Happy to provide feedback but as one made huge errors (that would have massively altered the trip if I hadn't noticed their errors) I will only do by PM.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Still Game
Yes, I've used two different companies (for the same pet). Happy to provide feedback but as one made huge errors (that would have massively altered the trip if I hadn't noticed their errors) I will only do by PM.
Stillgame,

thnx for yr message. Am talking to 2 right now. Already ran into Vet snafu with Rabies vaccine..
how do we PM?
Old Mar 25th 2020, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

georgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the rough

Hi Lis123

I used Jetpets when we moved from US to Oz 6 years ago.

As my kitty wasn't ready to travel due to rabies titre test dates, he got to hang out in California with an African Grey Parrot @ the Jetpets boarding facility there for 3 months. There were brilliant & sent me regular photos & updates.

They were one of the more reasonably priced services & would definitely use them again,

Good luck!
Old Mar 25th 2020, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by georgiagal
Hi Lis123

I used Jetpets when we moved from US to Oz 6 years ago.

As my kitty wasn't ready to travel due to rabies titre test dates, he got to hang out in California with an African Grey Parrot @ the Jetpets boarding facility there for 3 months. There were brilliant & sent me regular photos & updates.

They were one of the more reasonably priced services & would definitely use them again,

Good luck!
thankyou!

I will look into it.
at this point I’m in deep discussion with Starwood and Animal Land Pet Movers.
Starwood are approved by IPATA but the thread is not always responded to immediately.
Pet Movers are not on the approval list but seem extremely well informed; have talked to my vet etc

She is in the 25 day post vaccine period right now (my vets screwed up her last rabies shot) and no flights, so no rush.