Urgent flight help needed

Old Jan 12th 2008, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent flight help needed

I went through the samw thing last Christmas, we tried all major airlines but Virgin came up trumps ... they discounted the tickets and even left them open so we could travel anytime either way all for the lowest economy price, they also treated us like VIP's both ways.

My thoughts are with you ..
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

NannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I went through the samw thing last Christmas, we tried all major airlines but Virgin came up trumps ... they discounted the tickets and even left them open so we could travel anytime either way all for the lowest economy price, they also treated us like VIP's both ways.

My thoughts are with you ..
Hi,
Just wanted to thank you all so much for your kind words and help at a tricky time. I am now back in NJ, for now anyhow, and did manage to fly out the next day. BA were completely useless on the phone, and didn't offer me anything less than $900 for a single flight home...

So in the end I did book through hotwire, and ended up with fantastic flights, non stop flights at great times for $520 return with guess who..... BA! So I would really recommend hotwire, they have some great rates for both flgihts and hotels etc if you don't mind not knowing the details until after you've paid.

So for now Dad is out of hospital (although it is actually harder when he is out as he is so weak and Mum is still having to work all day, so getting him to get up and get dressed and actually eat something and take the right medication at the right times is a huge battle), and tomorrow is starting a last desperate attempt at a new treatment, radiotherapy cominbed with chemotherapy combined with a concoction of vitamins.

I think he is going to have a pretty tough time with side effects as they are attacking a tumour in his tummy, and so has been warned he will be very ill. However I have everything crossed that this time, a treatment will work, as they havne't anything else to offer him.

So thanks again, and remember hotwire if you ever need to do anything last minute!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:53 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NannyAnn
Hi,
Just wanted to thank you all so much for your kind words and help at a tricky time. I am now back in NJ, for now anyhow, and did manage to fly out the next day. BA were completely useless on the phone, and didn't offer me anything less than $900 for a single flight home...

So in the end I did book through hotwire, and ended up with fantastic flights, non stop flights at great times for $520 return with guess who..... BA! So I would really recommend hotwire, they have some great rates for both flgihts and hotels etc if you don't mind not knowing the details until after you've paid.

So for now Dad is out of hospital (although it is actually harder when he is out as he is so weak and Mum is still having to work all day, so getting him to get up and get dressed and actually eat something and take the right medication at the right times is a huge battle), and tomorrow is starting a last desperate attempt at a new treatment, radiotherapy cominbed with chemotherapy combined with a concoction of vitamins.

I think he is going to have a pretty tough time with side effects as they are attacking a tumour in his tummy, and so has been warned he will be very ill. However I have everything crossed that this time, a treatment will work, as they havne't anything else to offer him.

So thanks again, and remember hotwire if you ever need to do anything last minute!
Pleased to here you are back and thanks for the update.
BA thats strange must of been a shitty call center rep typical, some of them are cold hearted sods.

As for Hotwire pass lol heard to many horror storys of tickets been over booked or to much money taken for online bank account payments..

Keep us informed of your dads progress.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

NannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Pleased to here you are back and thanks for the update.
BA thats strange must of been a shitty call center rep typical, some of them are cold hearted sods.

As for Hotwire pass lol heard to many horror storys of tickets been over booked or to much money taken for online bank account payments..

Keep us informed of your dads progress.
Oh really? I had better check our bank account! I must admit I was a bit jubious when I checked in, but I was defiatnely on the plane, which was full, apart from 2 emprt seats next to me - so I actually slept! Bliss.

Will keep you updated on Dads trials and tribulations, although I'm sure you'd rather not know :-)
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:08 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NannyAnn
Oh really? I had better check our bank account! I must admit I was a bit jubious when I checked in, but I was defiatnely on the plane, which was full, apart from 2 emprt seats next to me - so I actually slept! Bliss.

Will keep you updated on Dads trials and tribulations, although I'm sure you'd rather not know :-)
Actually I would like to know, as it kinda touches home to me as my dad died a year ago Jan 25th so I feel very sympathetic to your situation. I had that panic flight but sadly he died, the only good thing was he passed away in my arms at least I made it there in time.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Actually I would like to know, as it kinda touches home to me as my dad died a year ago Jan 25th so I feel very sympathetic to your situation. I had that panic flight but sadly he died, the only good thing was he passed away in my arms at least I made it there in time.
Oh hun, I'm so sorry. What a horrible but lovely thing, if you know what I mean. Life can be so mean sometimes. We got married last year, so I know he was aiming to be there andbe able to walk me down the aisle, but since then, its all gone a bit pair shaped. We're working on a baby bump now, so maybe he'll have something else to look forward to soon :-)

So sorry about your loss xx Its times like this when I really hate living so far away, so glad you managed to get back in time last year, it must have been a horrid flight for you. x