Update from Kath

Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update from Kath

Well as some of you who know me I am now back in Perth after the sudden death of my beloved mother...which was a shock to us all as she was not ill.

Well you are all wondered what is next in my passage of life.

We have decided to return to UK, something like this has brought the true meaning of life out in me, I have never been really happy in Perth and although i have met some really really good friend and lost some others i have realised that there is more to life than sun, sea, etc...family, yes and I sit here listening to one of my mum;s favourite cd's, all the petty arguements and mistakes I have made in my life seem unimportant, I have cried and cried (I dont want pity at this point) just come to realise life is what you make it, I couldnt have come through in this short time without the support of all my family and lovely people who have been there fore me through this grieving period.

Still cant believe she's gone.....but knowing that her she always wanted the best for me and my family and would never put herself before us. I spoke to her the day she died and she told me that I had to take the choices in life and that only I and my OH could decided what we wanted out of life.....that was her parting gift to me I truly believe it now, going back to Uk made sense of it all even though she was my pillar of support, I know she wanted me to see what I really needed in life.

So, there we go, yes UK has is faults, but its my home and my life is there, I never wanted to offend anyone with the way I felt about being here and now I can hold my head up and say, do whats right for you I have had lots of support from everyone, thank you all so much, I have become a stronger and more positive person ....

Sorry to waffle on and on, but I read all of your comments, and if you really feel you want to go back do it, its the same yes there is trouble there, yes there is grotty parts of, I have to laugh its all the same, but the sense of life back there and its like your old comfy cardy that you just dont have the heart to throw away.

Best of luck to you all, do whats right for you, this has given me the push I needed to do it......

I will keep you all posted on how things progress hopefully, we will be back before christmas, kids cant wait to see their Grandad and Aunties and family, yes we might argue and fall out again!!!LOL!!! but its life and a good one!!!!..

Good luck to all you returnees and especially Tina as I know she will be leaving here this week....

Kath
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:58 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update from Kath

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Well as some of you who know me I am now back in Perth after the sudden death of my beloved mother...which was a shock to us all as she was not ill.

We have decided to return to UK, something like this has brought the true meaning of life out in me, I have never been really happy in Perth and although i have met some really really good friend and lost some others i have realised that there is more to life than sun, sea, etc...family, yes and I sit here listening to one of my mum;s favourite cd's, all the petty arguements and mistakes I have made in my life seem unimportant, I have cried and cried (I dont want pity at this point) just come to realise life is what you make it, I couldnt have come through in this short time without the support of all my family and lovely people who have been there fore me through this grieving period

Still cant believe she's gone.....but knowing that her she always wanted the best for me and my family and would never put herself before us. I spoke to her the day she died and she told me that I had to take the choices in life and that only I and my OH could decided what we wanted out of life.....that was her parting gift to me I truly believe it now, going back to Uk made sense of it all even though she was my pillar of support, I know she wanted me to see what I really needed in life.

So, there we go, yes UK has is faults, but its my home and my life is there, I never wanted to offend anyone with the way I felt about being here and now I can hold my head up and say, do whats right for you I have had lots of support from everyone, thank you all so much, I have become a stronger and more positive person ....

Sorry to waffle on and on, but I read all of your comments, and if you really feel you want to go back do it, its the same yes there is trouble there, yes there is grotty parts of, I have to laugh its all the same, but the sense of life back there and its like your old comfy cardy that you just dont have the heart to throw away.

Best of luck to you all, do whats right for you, this has given me the push I needed to do it......

I will keep you all posted on how things progress hopefully, we will be back before christmas, kids cant wait to see their Grandad and Aunties and family, yes we might argue and fall out again!!!LOL!!! but its life and a good one!!!!..

Good luck to all you returnees and especially Tina as I know she will be leaving here this week....

Kath

what a great post kath, all the luck in the world too you and your family!!!

Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:22 am
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Good to hear you are ok Kath,

best of luck with all you're plans.

Deb x
Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Kath for your words of wisdom.Good luck with it all.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, just sorted dogs out for rabies injections saturday, didnt realise gotta wait four weeks for the blood tests then its 6 months from then anyone fancy a corgi x (actually rotti x)...only joking my little man will deffo need a woollie coat back there tho, anyone got large knitting needles Actually anyone fancy 2 kids a tempremental teenager and a half South African Hubbie for a while .........oh well just a thought
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:19 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so glad things are clearer to you now. A good thing has come from a bad.

I'll see you asap, just bogged down with silly assignments at the moment. My head is fried. I feel like Homer Simpson "Everytime I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out!"

Take care xxxxxx
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

We have decided to return to UK, something like this has brought the true meaning of life out in me, I have never been really happy in Perth and although i have met some really really good friend and lost some others i have realised that there is more to life than sun, sea, etc...family, yes and I sit here listening to one of my mum;s favourite cd's, all the petty arguements and mistakes I have made in my life seem unimportant, I have cried and cried (I dont want pity at this point) just come to realise life is what you make it, I couldnt have come through in this short time without the support of all my family and lovely people who have been there fore me through this grieving period.

Kath
Oh, Kath
I havent been on here a while so firstly Im so sorry to hear about your Mum. You describe her as a lovely lady and Im sure she was so proud of all you've achieved for you and your family.

Secondly, Im really pleased you have finally made the decision. I really think its not so much whether you stay or go thats the problem - its the lack of decision. Forever being in limboland as you know, is no life. You now have found your direction - and thats great. Yes Perth is lovely. Parts of the Uk is lovely but wherever you are, if you are there with no aims/direction you may as well be stuck on Mars for all you'll appreciate whats going on around you.

Please keep in touch and I will have a pint waiting for you when youre back my way

PS: FWIW - A relative of mine has lived in Perth well for the last 17 years. he came back for a wedding for 3 weeks and went back at the weekend saying, "What HAVE I been doing these last 17yrs? Its my family i need to be with. " House on the market already, when its sold he'll go home. Now, that is a long time to realise youve been in a time-warp!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:01 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

We have decided to return to UK,
Kath
Sad news, how awful for you. Good luck on returning.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chance to be
Oh, Kath
I havent been on here a while so firstly Im so sorry to hear about your Mum. You describe her as a lovely lady and Im sure she was so proud of all you've achieved for you and your family.

Secondly, Im really pleased you have finally made the decision. I really think its not so much whether you stay or go thats the problem - its the lack of decision. Forever being in limboland as you know, is no life. You now have found your direction - and thats great. Yes Perth is lovely. Parts of the Uk is lovely but wherever you are, if you are there with no aims/direction you may as well be stuck on Mars for all you'll appreciate whats going on around you.

Please keep in touch and I will have a pint waiting for you when youre back my way

PS: FWIW - A relative of mine has lived in Perth well for the last 17 years. he came back for a wedding for 3 weeks and went back at the weekend saying, "What HAVE I been doing these last 17yrs? Its my family i need to be with. " House on the market already, when its sold he'll go home. Now, that is a long time to realise youve been in a time-warp!

thanks Chrissy! yep I will deffo be up to see you when we get back, mines a double brandy and coke please cheers!!! and I am so glad you have found yourself at last....

BTW our house goes up next week as well, house prices are well and truly dropping here at mo, maybe I should advertise it on BE for a while
Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear you have so much grief in your life right now. It sounds like you are doing the right thing though and can look forward to your next adventure...coming home. I have felt very happy and at peace since returning. I love my old cardi!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

Kath

All the best. I agree UK has its good and bad points but so does OZ. Again good luck-
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

ahh, I feel happy yet sad for you all at the same time

I too am living that life in limbo at the moment so I can relate to how you have been feeling and I am really pleased that you have found your way.

Racheal x
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:07 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Kath
Forgive me if i sound a little hard .

The loss of someone close is really tough , but moving back to the UK isn't gonna bring her back .
You wrote it whilst sitting listening to one of her fav cd's & you say life is what you make it .
Have you tried to make that life in Perth ?

are you sure that the decision about moving back is done with a clear head ?

i am sorry for your loss ,
Best of luck ,
Scott.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
Forgive me if i sound a little hard .

The loss of someone close is really tough , but moving back to the UK isn't gonna bring her back .
You wrote it whilst sitting listening to one of her fav cd's & you say life is what you make it .
Have you tried to make that life in Perth ?

are you sure that the decision about moving back is done with a clear head ?

i am sorry for your loss ,
Best of luck ,
Scott.

I don't want to reply on Kath's behalf but would just like to say that the family were already planning on returning to the UK before Kath's mother sadly passed away, so they are just going back sooner than they were planning.

Jo
Old Apr 1st 2007, 3:12 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clougherty family
I don't want to reply on Kath's behalf but would just like to say that the family were already planning on returning to the UK before Kath's mother sadly passed away, so they are just going back sooner than they were planning.

Jo
Yes this is true, so it has made the move clearer and brought forward.

Hows things with you JO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.