Update: frustration

Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update: frustration

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Why not take temp work...
very good advice.

kate, whilst working in the uk my husband would often offer good temps a perm position rather than have to start over with the interview process...so go for it and good luck
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:55 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I can so relate to your problems Kate. It is the only reason i am back in Aus!!
I spent 3mths trying to get a permanent job. All i got offered was part time or temp stuff which was no good for me as i am sponsoring my NZ husband and needed to show i had a perm job to help support him till he found work.

I think part of the problem is the cheap european labour coming in there. Because i was a self made businesswoman, i do not have formal qualifications and being out of the country for so long meant that i had no UK work history for many years, so managerial work was hard to come by, but i even tried shop work and had ZERO luck there due to heaps of applicants but once again i had no recent work history.

Eventualkly we had to weigh up thing financially and it was decided i come back to Aus until we could sort things out another way.

I feel for you. Just keep trying!! Ironically for me, 2 weeks after i arrived back in Sydney my daughter phoned to say i had been offered a job interview!! Sods law

You will find something and i shall keep my fingers crossed for you!
Always the way eh
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Well, I've been back since Feb 28th and I still haven't found a job. I've applied for quite a few, mostly with the council, and even had a few interviews, but nothing. It's getting incredibly frustrating. One agency I signed up with even suggested I just get a temp job to see how I fit in, as a permanent one might be too overwhelming. Erm......what? I'm not a child, thank you. I've worked here before and I'll do it again.

I can't even get any benefits while I'm waiting. I applied for Jobseeker's but they said they didn't believe I'd established myself as a resident. Basically, I just came back to get the benefits. I appealed that decision and sent my doctor registration letter, a copy of my driving license with my mum's address, and a letter from my bank confirming my new account.

Anyway, thank God I'm staying at mum's. She's getting frustrated with these people as well but she's being really good about not nagging me. She can see that I'm trying and that's all I can do. Other than the job thing, everything else is ok. Pup being a lil naughty sometimes but she's stolen everyone's heart and they all play with her a lot.

Just thought I'd drop by and let everyone know what's up.
It's so good to hear from you. Thanks for the update. Sorry about the job situation. I agree with other posters. Temping would get you a pay check to start with, and possibly connections to jobs that are available. Worth a try
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:57 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the encouragement, guys and gals. Unfortunately, I have already requested temp work through several agencies, and they either don't have anything (so why bother to advertise, I ask) or it's too far away. One agency guy even said he'd put my name down for a job and insisted I get a car in two weeks so I could start, as it was a long way from where I live. I told him that I need a job to get a car. What a dummy.

Anyway, on the bright side, I am enjoying the time off, although I've started staying up later and sleeping a lot during the day so I have to get out of that habit.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:44 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunbather
I think the OP is talking about her experience of trying to find a job in the UK.
A bit rude arent you? i think he is fully aware what the OP is saying but is in the same situation just on the other side!!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Well, I've been back since Feb 28th and I still haven't found a job. I've applied for quite a few, mostly with the council, and even had a few interviews, but nothing. It's getting incredibly frustrating. One agency I signed up with even suggested I just get a temp job to see how I fit in, as a permanent one might be too overwhelming. Erm......what? I'm not a child, thank you. I've worked here before and I'll do it again.

I can't even get any benefits while I'm waiting. I applied for Jobseeker's but they said they didn't believe I'd established myself as a resident. Basically, I just came back to get the benefits. I appealed that decision and sent my doctor registration letter, a copy of my driving license with my mum's address, and a letter from my bank confirming my new account.

Anyway, thank God I'm staying at mum's. She's getting frustrated with these people as well but she's being really good about not nagging me. She can see that I'm trying and that's all I can do. Other than the job thing, everything else is ok. Pup being a lil naughty sometimes but she's stolen everyone's heart and they all play with her a lot.

Just thought I'd drop by and let everyone know what's up.
try the agenys i got a temp job as a cashier in the post office rem unit when i lived in the uk after 3 mths royal mail took me on as staff it can be a good stepping stone.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
A bit rude arent you? i think he is fully aware what the OP is saying but is in the same situation just on the other side!!!
Why do you think it was rude?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:53 pm

Why do you think it was rude?
i think i took it the wrong way dont know thought it was rude for a second just woke up didnt hardly any sleep hubby snoring again!!

so moody sleepy head on today
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

i think i took it the wrong way dont know thought it was rude for a second just woke up didnt hardly any sleep hubby snoring again!!

that is why spare rooms were invented Kerry
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby's the same...if I roll him on his side it usually stops.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by northernbird
that is why spare rooms were invented Kerry
yeh for him
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:07 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Men and their snoring
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:08 am

My hubby's the same...if I roll him on his side it usually stops.
yeh it works for me too but then minutes later he's back on his back snoring his head off!!!

my 7 month old sleeps right through it her cot is still in our room it amazes me wish i could!!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

yeh it works for me too but then minutes later he's back on his back snoring his head off!!!

my 7 month old sleeps right through it her cot is still in our room it amazes me wish i could!!
After I've rolled him over...I put the TV remote control behind him. That way if he tries to roll on his back...he's sleeping on the remote.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

A kick in the knackers cures my hubby's snoring now and again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.