Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

The upcoming Royal Wedding

Wikiposts

The upcoming Royal Wedding

Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice
Default The upcoming Royal Wedding

Is it just me, or has anyone else been asked if they have been invited to the wedding?
I got asked three weeks ago and had no idea what they were talking about, I just said no and walked away, then it happened last week and again i was confused, when i got home I realised what they were talking about. I then got asked again this evening.
I think next time Im going to say yes and tell them Kate and I are BFF's and that her mum and mine often do tea and cakes together
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice
Default Re: The upcoming Royal Wedding

I work in a building with over one thousand employees and I have not heard it mentioned once
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:08 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve100100
I work in a building with over one thousand employees and I have not heard it mentioned once
But you'd have to have very good hearing to know what all 1,000 of them were saying.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I do by my wife family, mainly because my sister works for Charlie and might actually be invited.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dunroving
But you'd have to have very good hearing to know what all 1,000 of them were saying.
true! The point I was making, in my usual less than eloquent fashion, is that I have not heard any mention of it during my daily business.

I think the romance of Charles and diana is from a bygone age. Not such a big deal anymore...,.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

I must just be a Californian thing then! I guess all the glitz of Hollywood and people reading trashy celeb mags. They have nothing more exciting to talk about
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sarahlou145
I must just be a Californian thing then! I guess all the glitz of Hollywood and people reading trashy celeb mags. They have nothing more exciting to talk about
Well I know in north Texas, all we have been talking about this week is the weather
Old Feb 5th 2011, 11:17 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve100100
true! The point I was making, in my usual less than eloquent fashion, is that I have not heard any mention of it during my daily business.

I think the romance of Charles and diana is from a bygone age. Not such a big deal anymore...,.
I think we are all a lot less naive than we were back then, too. There is something, though, that tells me the event will be a big deal when it gets closer. I think Wills is pretty popular (much more so than Charles was back then), and people associate him with his mother. Plus, his bride to be is a real looker.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:27 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect you are right --California does have a history of celebrity culture and "lives of the rich & famous" and interest in royalty. At my workplace, no-one has mentioned or shown any interest in the Royal Wedding or any other theme associated with Royalty or Europe in general. In fact, people here are not interested in things that happen in New York City, Boston or Toronto.. they are just too far away and remote.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:28 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Is it just me, or has anyone else been asked if they have been invited to the wedding?
I got asked three weeks ago and had no idea what they were talking about, I just said no and walked away, then it happened last week and again i was confused, when i got home I realised what they were talking about. I then got asked again this evening.
I think next time Im going to say yes and tell them Kate and I are BFF's and that her mum and mine often do tea and cakes together
I think telling them to 'shut the **** up' would be more appropriate.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 1:47 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

My Uncle and Aunt have been invited to Westminster none of the after piss-ups, they are in their late 70's so it will be super for them.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:49 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

a hot dog vendor heard my accent and laughed saying "Princess Diana" I assume I entered a portal to 1997 where this would've made sense.

But apart from that, no, most people in NYC think I'm Australian anyway, including my boss. Sigh.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
a hot dog vendor heard my accent and laughed saying "Princess Diana" I assume I entered a portal to 1997 where this would've made sense.

But apart from that, no, most people in NYC think I'm Australian anyway, including my boss. Sigh.
I had a slightly bizarre conversation today about 'Fergie', I thought the person was talking about the Duchess of York but she was actually talking about the woman in the Black Eyed Peas, whom she thought was British. She's not is she?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:01 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I had a slightly bizarre conversation today about 'Fergie', I thought the person was talking about the Duchess of York but she was actually talking about the woman in the Black Eyed Peas, whom she thought was British. She's not is she?
Nope, she's a Californian ex-meth addict with sky-high eyebrows and a pretty decent singing voice.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

I've not been asked and thankfully have hardly heard a thing about it.

If asked I will say I'm flying back for the after wedding party. All pubs in England will be serving free beer on the day of the wedding. Paid for by the queen.

I suggest others say the same. Would be a great rumour for the Americans to lap up. Just wish I could keep a straight face as I said it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.