British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   UPakWeShip (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/upakweship-861569/)

luvmykids Jul 10th 2015 7:22 pm

UPakWeShip

Hi,

Has anyone found this company to be slow in communication? We are in Canada and emailed them early last week, but have not heard anything back. My husband phoned them this week and they said they would get the guy who oversees Canada to call us, but so far nothing.

We are looking to ship some goods home as cheap as possible. We got the impression this was a good company, but their communication isn't selling them to us right now! Any other cheap companies out there?

Editha Jul 10th 2015 9:02 pm

Re: UPakWeShip

We used Upakweship last year, and didn't find them slow to communicate at all.

luvmykids Jul 10th 2015 9:22 pm

I don't suppose you have the details of the Canadian contact that you could PM me?

Editha Jul 10th 2015 9:33 pm

PM sent

luvmykids Jul 10th 2015 11:03 pm

Sorry to be a pain, but I haven't received a PM. Would you mind sending it again, please?

Thanks!

Editha Jul 10th 2015 11:13 pm

I've tried again.

luvmykids Jul 11th 2015 1:54 am

Thanks, I've received it :-)

Isismom Jul 11th 2015 12:53 pm

Strange, I have no firm dates, it was just a few questions and they got back to me the next day, did you check your junk mail

luvmykids Jul 11th 2015 2:07 pm

Yes I did, nothing there. I have some other contact info now, so I'll contact the man later on today.

fathermike Jul 12th 2015 8:08 pm

UPakWeShip have our belongings in a container right now.

The picked the container up from our Florida home on June 19th, we have enjoyed tracking its progress, it is currently in Antwerp being moved to a new ship. From there to Rotterdam, onto Liverpool and after customs it will come to us in Birmingham.

We have found UPakWeShip to be really easy to deal with and very reliable.

Mike

luvmykids Jul 12th 2015 8:47 pm

Awesome, thanks so much! Hopefully we'll hear back from them tomorrow!

oliverjude Jul 17th 2015 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by luvmykids (Post 11696571)
Hi,

Has anyone found this company to be slow in communication? We are in Canada and emailed them early last week, but have not heard anything back. My husband phoned them this week and they said they would get the guy who oversees Canada to call us, but so far nothing.

We are looking to ship some goods home as cheap as possible. We got the impression this was a good company, but their communication isn't selling them to us right now! Any other cheap companies out there?

We used a different self pack company and they where great and cheap moving from the UK to Canada. I contacted them regarding moving back and had my quote the next day. Moving Home Overseas | UK, European and International Removals

Hope this helps.

luvmykids Jul 17th 2015 5:42 pm

Thanks so much, I'll check them out!

Isismom Jul 17th 2015 6:27 pm

Have to say upakweship have given me the best quote so far, I don't have firm dates, was looking for a ballpark, but half what everyone else quoted

luvmykids Jul 17th 2015 6:30 pm

We've got a great quote from them too, but it means having to transport all of our stuff down to Toronto, which is a five hour drive.