UK's great property crash

Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK's great property crash

Had a browse on findaproperty etc, keep hearing the doom and gloom, so was pretty surprised to see prices look just about the same as they were a year or so ago

I can see there is more property for sale, but its hardly dropped in price has it

What sort of price drops are people talking about, my brother dropped 10k to sell after his divorce, is that what a crash is in UK these days.

Come on spill the beans wheres the magic bargains
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:45 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK's great property crash

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Had a browse on findaproperty etc, keep hearing the doom and gloom, so was pretty surprised to see prices look just about the same as they were a year or so ago

I can see there is more property for sale, but its hardly dropped in price has it

What sort of price drops are people talking about, my brother dropped 10k to sell after his divorce, is that what a crash is in UK these days.

Well as i'm returning i see this as good news. I also see homeowners as somewhat greedy. If the house ain't selling, then it's not worth it. DROP IT!!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

homes are dropping by a lot in the area we are looking at.....we did go on propertysnake site and it is excellent.....homes were just over valued.....reality is setting in....thank the gods....
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:16 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

where i am from aberdeen prices seem to be sticking but less houses selling there's a lot of fixed price at the moment, there have been some reductions but small ones.

The problem is people still expect to get loads for there house and wont budge on price and they wonder why there house wont sell!!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Thanks to those that sent by pm or posted the link.

Typed in 3 postcodes were looking at, no real drops just around 2 or 3 %, one house was listed caus it dropped 500 quid! whoopee big deal.

So that sort of confirms what I thought, no change in the particular areas we fancied.

Bugger
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brits1
homes are dropping by a lot in the area we are looking at.....we did go on propertysnake site and it is excellent.....homes were just over valued.....reality is setting in....thank the gods....
Great it worked for you
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Great it worked for you
Well hope so...we are looking at Marple in Cheshire.....which area are you looking at?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Great it worked for you
If you look at the "read me" on the back home threads there are some great sites for all sorts of info on sites in regards to homes you have seen that you would like to buy etc....or the history of it while it has been up for sale etc.
Hope it helps
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:56 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to those that sent by pm or posted the link.

Typed in 3 postcodes were looking at, no real drops just around 2 or 3 %, one house was listed caus it dropped 500 quid! whoopee big deal.

So that sort of confirms what I thought, no change in the particular areas we fancied.

Bugger
Interested to know where you are looking

On propertysnake it shows how long the property has been on the market for and in my old area some house still have not sold after 5, 6 or 7 months on the market. Some sellers have sensibly dropped prices, some stupidly haven't.
Thos who have dropped still can't sell so that still indicates the price is too high.

The longest I have known a property on the market where I used to live was 17 months. On market Oct 06 - sold Mar 08. I know the lady who owned the house and in the first 4 months she refused point blank to drop the price and was egged on to hold out by the EA.

In the end it sold for way below the original asking price - at what cost to her?-stuck for 17 months in a house she didn't want to be in and loads of stress.

That well known cliche is true - a house is only worth what people will pay for it.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=crystal23;6060883]Interested to know where you are looking

2 areas in north yorkshire, one where the sister now lives.

The other postcode was in sussex.

All three are village type locations with excellent commuter links to cities, and good schools. Probably why they havent dropped much at all.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:32 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=jad n rich;6061017]
Originally Posted by crystal23
Interested to know where you are looking

2 areas in north yorkshire, one where the sister now lives.

The other postcode was in sussex.

All three are village type locations with excellent commuter links to cities, and good schools. Probably why they havent dropped much at all.
Aha don't know North Yorkshire but from what I know of Sussex yep expensive area.

Now if you were heading for W York (nr Pontefract) there appear to be houses for sale for 26,500 pounds. Bargain!!!!!

www.dailymail.co.uk
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

There were some which looked like they had dropped a huge amount but when you look at the history it looks as if someone is playing silly b*ggers - daily ups and downs. It was encouraging though, just in case I win the lottery - of course, in that case I wouldnt necessarily be going for the el cheapo homes!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:04 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

there really aren't any, not down in our area, surrey. there are the odd ones you always see that are crap ugly places that remain listed for ages but everything else is selling like hot cakes. prices continue to rise. it's all media hype as usual
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:05 am
Just Joined

manyoo will become famous soon enoughmanyoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by brits1
which area are you talking about?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.