UK vs Netherlands; living costs; life style

Wikiposts

UK vs Netherlands; living costs; life style

Old Jul 21st 2013, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

nemo57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK vs Netherlands; living costs; life style

Hi everybody.
I am living and working in the netherlands for couple of years with my wife and two babies. However, I have been offered a job in Manchester.
But I am not still sure about the life quality and living costs in Manchester versus the Netherlands.

My sallary in Machester is set around 45K GBP and here in the netherlands is about 57K euro. I was said that the taxation on income in uk is lower than in the netherlands and housing in manchester is cheaper than in the netherlands major cities. (not sure about them),

I would be thankful if anybody is able to provide me some info about housing (rental and buying), health insurance, taxes, transportation, any support for the children by the government, safety, etc in Manchester.

Thanks.

Last edited by nemo57; Jul 21st 2013 at 6:59 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK vs Netherlands; living costs; life style

Originally Posted by nemo57
I would be thankful if anybody is able to provide me some info about housing (rental and buying),
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/
health insurance,
Google search results
taxes,
HM Revenue & Customs
transportation,
Transport for Greater Manchester
any support for the children by the government,
Benefits information
safety,
Greater Manchester Police may have information.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:01 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody.
I am living and working in the netherlands for couple of years with my wife and two babies. However, I have been offered a job in Manchester.
But I am not still sure about the life quality and living costs in Manchester versus the Netherlands.

My sallary in Machester is set around 45K GBP and here in the netherlands is about 57K euro. I was said that the taxation on income in uk is lower than in the netherlands and housing in manchester is cheaper than in the netherlands major cities. (not sure about them),

I would be thankful if anybody is able to provide me some info about housing (rental and buying), health insurance, taxes, transportation, any support for the children by the government, safety, etc in Manchester.

Thanks.
I assume you are all British Citizens, then health care would be free under the NHS as you would be resident, forget all the current scare stories, these are discussion papers and are not likely to come into law for a long time. There would, of course, be no bar to you taking out private insurance if that's the way you want to go.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

nemo57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I assume you are all British Citizens, then health care would be free under the NHS as you would be resident, forget all the current scare stories, these are discussion papers and are not likely to come into law for a long time. There would, of course, be no bar to you taking out private insurance if that's the way you want to go.
Thanks for your reply.
no. none of us are UK citizens. Does it make a difference for health insurance?
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 12:29 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply.
NHS eligibility is based primarily on UK residence rather than on citizenship, so if you become legal residents of the UK, you should be eligible for free NHS care.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 2:15 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply.
You haven't stated your citizenship, and we are assuming you are EU citizens.