Reload this Page >

UK Visa for Armed Forces Relevant Civilian Employees

UK Visa for Armed Forces Relevant Civilian Employees

Old Oct 31st 2022, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

vdawg79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Visa for Armed Forces Relevant Civilian Employees

Hello Everyone,

I'm a little frustrated because I know I cannot be the only one that's ever been through this process and everyone I ask act like they have no clue. But my situation is I was hired by a U.S. company to support the Department of Defense/NATO and was required to submit a visa application under the Category “A relevant civilian employee of NATO forces, the Australian Department of Defense, or a company contracted to a NATO force”. While filing out this application it asked me questions as who were traveling with me to the UK. It will be my spouse and dependents traveling with me so I input their information and passport numbers as well. I paid a $624 fee and booked a biometric appointment, but not sure if that one application and biometric appointment is good enough for my whole family or should I make separate application. I contacted the UK visa call center, and they had no clue regarding this situation since I fall under the category “A relevant civilian employee of NATO forces, the Australian Department of Defense, or a company contracted to a NATO force”. They said normally I would have to apply for separate visa for each family member. I previously attempted that for my spouse but that category of Partner of Skilled Worker or anything related to joining a spouse already living in the UK took me down a different rabbit hole that does not apply to our situation. My employer doesn’t even know about this process, I'm assuming everyone employed is a single parent or not married at all. If anyone can share me their experience that have actually been through this process, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old Oct 31st 2022, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Visa for Armed Forces Relevant Civilian Employees

Surprised your employer cannot help you with this process with regard your spouse and dependents as presumably they advised you as to the initial application.

Sorry, I don't know anything about this specific process but upon Googling 'a relevant civilian employee of NATO forces, the Australia Department of Defence etc etc "
got the following website:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...lian-employees

It contains a guide to your relevant situation. Click on dependents.....

It would appear your spouse and dependents do need to have separate applications.
Old Oct 31st 2022, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

vdawg79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank for your reply. Been down this rabbit hole as well with the details and documentation on that website. Still was not able to find a specific category that matches our situation. Spoke with several UK call center employees and they said the information was very vague as well. Going to just stick to one application and if it fails then I guess I will be looking for another job. Can't believe there is not a set-in stone process for UK DOD employees.
Old Oct 31st 2022, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Which application form did you complete for yourself? i.e was it to apply for a work visa (such as PBS visa or something similar) or a NON PBS work visa.

From your initial post I understand you are a civilian, being employed by a company contracted to NATO forces. So you are NOT a military employee.