Uk Update

Old May 30th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Update

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Well I see many new faces and I haven't a clue where many are - would love a brief update all round.

As for me... we have been moving into our new house and been cut off from the web- amazing how hooked you become.

We have now been back in the UK for 4 months and it was 6 months already since we left our little rural home in Victoria. Looking back it seems a lifetime ago, quite a strange feeling and in truth not worth the 3 1/2 years of emotional distress. I wish that we had just had 6 months to tour the country and come home with just good holiday memories. Still it was an experience that we lived, shared and learnt from. The girls have been given the insight to a bigger world and my marriage has been tried and tested.

Things back in the Uk have been fantastic. We have brought our own home again! Much easier than expected. Expensive compared to 4 years ago but there is no point looking in the past. Still cheaper than Japan!

The kids are very well settled into school with no teasing or bulling. All three are in the top sets with the eldest being streamlined into a gifted and talented programme. Something that she needed in Aus but wasn't seen or there, I can now see why school in Aus was so hard and boring for her. At least it shows that the schools in Australia are on par with the English schools or is it a bright child will learn wherever? The kids are loving school here and finding it much more varied and topic based and play dates include tea again

I am still working within Estate Agency - something that I wanted to do in Melbourne but which didn't offer varied hours. My hours now are fantastic with the work place being very flexible with children. Mon 9 - 3, Wed 9 - 1, Friday 9 - 6pm and every other Sat - perfect. Hubby is still on contract so no holidays for a while. In truth he is getting well paid so he hasn't even looked at going permanent.

The weather up to now has been fantastic although the last 3 weeks have been very wet and chilly. I don't care though - still get out there as much as possible and enjoy. Even bike riding with the kids at 8pm -cause it's light... missed that!

The main change to my life since being back has to be social. I go out often till the early hours. Never seen any fights and most people are just having a good time. My friends and I went dancing on my birthday till 2am. No drunks, leering dirty men... just people having a great night. I am even going jiving with my Mum

My only regret about Australia is that I stayed there for so long

Thanks to you all on expats - a much needed support over the years X
Great to hear that you that you are happy back in the Uk. We are just making our plans to return as well, hopefully very soon!
Old May 31st 2007, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

LOL good to hear from you, I can remember you agonising over what was the right thing to do, so glad it worked out for you
Old May 31st 2007, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
LOL good to hear from you, I can remember you agonising over what was the right thing to do, so glad it worked out for you
You are still there Are you still living in limbo? Where are Arkon and Mrs Best now?
It seems silly to think of all the nights that I went to bed upset and the down days that I had. No wonder that my marriage took a knock. Looking back they were very dark days. I can't understand why I stayed for so long. I guess that as Megansmummy is finding out... hubby liked it and I stayed for him. He is now really pleased to be back. He has said that my personality has returned and I am much more relaxed.... told him I hated OZ years ago
I think that I was worried about uprooting the kids again but they are so happy to be with family I am now feeling guilty of the years that they missed. Oh well make the most of today! and we are off to a play centre with 4 nieces and nephews then to Poultons Park with even more of them on Sat. Ohh I have missed theme parks. Not a problem for all in Queensland but an annoyance in the other parts.
Old May 31st 2007, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Well I see many new faces and I haven't a clue where many are - would love a brief update all round.

As for me... we have been moving into our new house and been cut off from the web- amazing how hooked you become.

We have now been back in the UK for 4 months and it was 6 months already since we left our little rural home in Victoria. Looking back it seems a lifetime ago, quite a strange feeling and in truth not worth the 3 1/2 years of emotional distress. I wish that we had just had 6 months to tour the country and come home with just good holiday memories. Still it was an experience that we lived, shared and learnt from. The girls have been given the insight to a bigger world and my marriage has been tried and tested.

Things back in the Uk have been fantastic. We have brought our own home again! Much easier than expected. Expensive compared to 4 years ago but there is no point looking in the past. Still cheaper than Japan!

The kids are very well settled into school with no teasing or bulling. All three are in the top sets with the eldest being streamlined into a gifted and talented programme. Something that she needed in Aus but wasn't seen or there, I can now see why school in Aus was so hard and boring for her. At least it shows that the schools in Australia are on par with the English schools or is it a bright child will learn wherever? The kids are loving school here and finding it much more varied and topic based and play dates include tea again

I am still working within Estate Agency - something that I wanted to do in Melbourne but which didn't offer varied hours. My hours now are fantastic with the work place being very flexible with children. Mon 9 - 3, Wed 9 - 1, Friday 9 - 6pm and every other Sat - perfect. Hubby is still on contract so no holidays for a while. In truth he is getting well paid so he hasn't even looked at going permanent.

The weather up to now has been fantastic although the last 3 weeks have been very wet and chilly. I don't care though - still get out there as much as possible and enjoy. Even bike riding with the kids at 8pm -cause it's light... missed that!

The main change to my life since being back has to be social. I go out often till the early hours. Never seen any fights and most people are just having a good time. My friends and I went dancing on my birthday till 2am. No drunks, leering dirty men... just people having a great night. I am even going jiving with my Mum

Thanks to you all on expats - a much needed support over the years X
Glad all has worked out for you, makes us all see there is light at the end of the tunnel! Great to hear that your kids havent struggled in school, I think that is what most of us fear.

All the best, though I think you already have that.
Old May 31st 2007, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

You are still there Are you still living in limbo? Where are Arkon and Mrs Best now?

Mrs B is going home shortly...bless her

Dear old Arkon has had a bit of a problem selling his noose..sorry, farm! He put it up for auction and it didn't sell. He's now seriously considering raffling it!!!! In the meantime he's started digging his way back!!!
Old May 31st 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW

Dear old Arkon has had a bit of a problem selling his noose..sorry, farm! He put it up for auction and it didn't sell. He's now seriously considering raffling it!!!! In the meantime he's started digging his way back!!!

xx
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:00 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs Best is still alive and well...........(and still in Oz....unfortunately) !!! Did you not get my last pm that I sent in January??

I'm glad its all going well for you, I can only sit and wait for my turn I'm afraid!!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:01 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I WISH!! Like you, we are constained by Uni!!! That and the job situation!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
Mrs Best is still alive and well...........(and still in Oz....unfortunately) !!! Did you not get my last pm that I sent in January??

I'm glad its all going well for you, I can only sit and wait for my turn I'm afraid!!!
I will pm you asap. Life is hectic now - in a good way! Glad that you are still around although wished to hear that you are at least heading to the Northen Hemisphere in the next few months.

Are you still going to head to Bath?
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

No limbo now, sons already half way throught apprenticeship, and after 2 years of aussie working conditions is on side with us and leaving after hes qualified, and thats with the girlfirend or no girlfriend. MIL who was ill departed tuesday night, another one of the reasons we were staying here, all we need now is a decision on where we will be going, UK - maybe, but we now have leads with 2 international construction companies who would be interested in R plus J once hes qualified. Looks like we will be off, not just yet but the main thing I wanted, as a family moving on together I really dont think I could stand to have left one kid here
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jad n rich
No limbo now, sons already half way throught apprenticeship, and after 2 years of aussie working conditions is on side with us and leaving after hes qualified, and thats with the girlfirend or no girlfriend. MIL who was ill departed tuesday night, another one of the reasons we were staying here, all we need now is a decision on where we will be going, UK - maybe, but we now have leads with 2 international construction companies who would be interested in R plus J once hes qualified. Looks like we will be off, not just yet but the main thing I wanted, as a family moving on together I really dont think I could stand to have left one kid here
'Sorry to hear about the MIL'
I am soooo pleased for you to have family support at last. You have felt trapped for so long.
All you have to do now is enjoy Australia and see as much as possible.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

'Sorry to hear about the MIL'
I am soooo pleased for you to have family support at last. You have felt trapped for so long.
All you have to do now is enjoy Australia and see as much as possible.
Thank you. You know, despite the fact I never felt this place could be my home for ever, we have seen more of aus than the majority of aussies I've met, the kids too they have so many little mates who have never been on a plane, let alone driven outback, or the thous of Klms required to get anywhere different. Mind you we have have mates and rellies our age who have never been on a plane but at least we could never say we didnt see the place.