UK TV

Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:29 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The BBC would have a problem with it. They should make them available either by subscription or PPV...there must be thousands of expats willing to pay to watch UK TV.
Not to mention Americans with good taste.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Not to mention Americans with good taste.
That goes without saying.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Not surprising...downloading UK TV programs outside the UK isn't exactly legal.
Unfortunatly they seemed to have banned it for people inside the UK to which was brilliant seeming I had just discovered it today and was overjoyed because it looked like I would be able to watch 'neighbours' again.

For all of you who arnt aware the bbc has (shock horror) sold neighbours to channel 5 (which I can't get out in the sticks) :curse:
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

What do you do for news? I've just had the realisation that when i move across the pond I might not be able to get my daily fix of bbc/channel 4 news?!

Does BBC America have any current shows?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:34 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
What do you do for news? I've just had the realisation that when i move across the pond I might not be able to get my daily fix of bbc/channel 4 news?!

I would say.... hell no.

There is no good television news IMO. NPR's radio news is good. PBS (television) sometimes carries BBC World News.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The news...
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:39 am
The truth is out there ..

valis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nice

7.00pm EST BBC News Hour on BBCAmerica ... Widescreen and no news clowns ... just Matt, Katty and some woman with odd eye-makeup.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Graxley will become famous soon enoughGraxley will become famous soon enough

Not surprising...downloading UK TV programs outside the UK isn't exactly legal.

TVCatchup was not a file sharing site. It enabled you to watch programs after they were shown like the BBC iplayer.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graxley
TVCatchup was not a file sharing site. It enabled you to watch programs after they were shown like the BBC iplayer.
I don't think it makes any difference...
Old Feb 17th 2008, 1:11 am
Just Joined

Graxley will become famous soon enoughGraxley will become famous soon enough

I don't think it makes any difference...
That is a grey area as copyright was probably not being infringed by users.

Last edited by Graxley; Feb 17th 2008 at 1:29 am.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know why they just don't make the bbc iplayer available to everyone overseas, seems a bit silly.

I know its the tv license that funds the bbc but I for one wouldnt have a problem with all the expats watching
Nothing to do with the license as you dont need a TV license to watch in the UK (i found that hard to believe!) the reason is it affects copyright of shows that they sell to the US market, mainly BBC America. It would be a service that would be very popular with expats though you'd think!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graxley
That is a grey area as copyright was probably not being infringed by users.
Might be grey for users but was being infringed by the site
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

E17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Big D
the reason is it affects copyright of shows that they sell to the US market, mainly BBC America
What about the hundreds of shows they DON'T sell to Discovery *ahem* I mean BBC America?

Do you think if everyone on this site wrote the same thing to the BBC on the same day they would sit up and take notice??

WE, BRITISH CITIZENS AND EXPATS DEMAND:

1) BBC America be run by British people (and not someone with a fascination for Benny Hill and Cash in the Attic)
2) The BBC iPlayer be made available on subscription (even if we're paying the fee to the owners of BBC America) to download any shows from back home