UK then I-130

Old Jul 19th 2002, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

northspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nice
Default UK then I-130

Can anyone tell me how long it may take for my US husband to get "entry clearance" for the UK so that we may apply to the London Embassy for the I-130 as residents of the UK?
Thanks
Old Jul 19th 2002, 3:20 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: UK then I-130

A recent poster has gone through this recently with the consulate in Washington, DC.
It took less than a week although it can go faster. However, I have heard that the US
consulate in London will not consider an I-130 from a US citizen until they have
resided in the UK for six months. You might want to look into that first!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "northspoon"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone tell me how long it may take for my US husband to get "entry clearance"
    > for the UK so that we may apply to the London Embassy for the I-130 as residents of
    > the UK? Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --

S.M.

It is possible to get entry clearance on the same day if you have all the required
documentation. We did this a few months ago through the NYC British embassy. Although
which embassy you use depends on which state he resides in. The current fee is $416

The urls below should help you
S.M.

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/guid...ent_Spouse.asp

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/default.asp?pageID=106

"northspoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone tell me how long it may take for my US husband to get "entry clearance"
    > for the UK so that we may apply to the London Embassy for the I-130 as residents of
    > the UK? Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --

S.M.

There is no need to worry about the 6 months. The INS does not require this. All
they require is a valid Entry Clearance (i.e. anything other than a tourist or a
visitor visa).

We recieved our Entry clearance and filed the I-130 a few days later. We just got our
I-130 approved today.

S.M.

Old Jul 19th 2002, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

My wife went into the British Embassy in Washington on the Monday, went back on the Friday and collected her visa.
It was a lot easier for her to come her (although it did take about three months to get her Social SecurityCard) and none was interested in employing her until she had that.
Compared to the process I (and most people on her) are going through, it was a doodle for Ida to come here.
Old Jul 19th 2002, 4:20 pm
S.M.

Also the misc.immigration.misc news group is probably a better source of information.