Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

UK TB progs - what's good?

UK TB progs - what's good?

Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:10 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK TV progs - what's good?

I'm off to the UK for 4 weeks in July, and one thing I always like doing is catching up on some great British TV.

Any advice on new TV progs that I should look out for (in between watching live coverage of the Tour de France, that is)?

[later edit: Flippin 'eck, what a plonker - just spotted my typo in the thread title!]
Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV progs - what's good?

Originally posted by dunroving
I'm off to the UK for 4 weeks in July, and one thing I always like doing is catching up on some great British TV.

Any advice on new TV progs that I should look out for (in between watching live coverage of the Tour de France, that is)?

[later edit: Flippin 'eck, what a plonker - just spotted my typo in the thread title!]
I should think 5 hours a day of the TdF is enough isn't it!! I shall be watching that too....especially July 21st time trial up the Alpe d'Huez.

Don't watch much TV really so can't offer any advice as to what's worth watching.

Have a great trip .... is this just a holiday or are you doing a reccie for a future return?
Old Jun 25th 2004, 7:30 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
I should think 5 hours a day of the TdF is enough isn't it!! I shall be watching that too....especially July 21st time trial up the Alpe d'Huez.

Don't watch much TV really so can't offer any advice as to what's worth watching.

Have a great trip .... is this just a holiday or are you doing a reccie for a future return?
Actually I'll be watching the TdF live for the middle week - trip of a lifetime. After the measly daily summary programs here (shouldn't complain really - thank goodness for Outdoor Life Network), I can defintely handle hrs of daily live coverage on UK TV (though I will take breaks for food and drink!).

As for the vacation/reccie question, bit of both. My H1B runs out May 2006, and though I will start my GC process this summer just in case, my feeling is that I'll be home for good sooner rather than later. After 21 yrs of living outside the UK, I'm done roving - hence my screen name. I was back for 12 mths in 2000 (Glasgow) and just loved it.

As part of the "next step" I'm looking for a buy to let in Chester or Glasgow while I'm home.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dunroving
Actually I'll be watching the TdF live for the middle week - trip of a lifetime. After the measly daily summary programs here (shouldn't complain really - thank goodness for Outdoor Life Network), I can defintely handle hrs of daily live coverage on UK TV (though I will take breaks for food and drink!).

As for the vacation/reccie question, bit of both. My H1B runs out May 2006, and though I will start my GC process this summer just in case, my feeling is that I'll be home for good sooner rather than later. After 21 yrs of living outside the UK, I'm done roving - hence my screen name. I was back for 12 mths in 2000 (Glasgow) and just loved it.

As part of the "next step" I'm looking for a buy to let in Chester or Glasgow while I'm home.
Mr HP was determined to get to this year's Tour, but with the new baby, doesn't look like we'll go. I see David Millar has just been banned from this year's tour due to his alleged use of EPO.

LAst year we had 30 mins a day TV covergae..it was pants (in Australia, this was, and due to the time difference it was over 24hrs old!!) and 3 live stages. This year will be so much better with Eurosport!!

Hope you have a fab trip to France....lucky, lucky you. Are you taking the bike?
Old Jun 26th 2004, 9:34 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

tv in the uk is pretty crap........repeats mainly, lots of US progs thrown in. If you have sky/cable, its just more repeats !!!!
bah humbug.....and the tv licence fee is 120 odd quid too!!