UK style duvets

Old Aug 8th 2013, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK style duvets

Originally Posted by kodokan
I didn't know they did real duvets and covers here! Are they the same size as the UK ones, does anyone know? I have UK duvets, including the excellent 1 TOG ones that M&S do now, but would like to be able to choose new covers in person rather than online.
I belive the "full" size over here is same as in the UK, but the Queen size here is the same as the "King" size back in the UK. I may be wrong - no doubt someone will come along and correct me if I am
Old Aug 8th 2013, 1:11 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I belive the "full" size over here is same as in the UK, but the Queen size here is the same as the "King" size back in the UK. I may be wrong - no doubt someone will come along and correct me if I am
No, as far as I know, that's as correct as possible (the sizes are insignificantly different but the duvet will still fit as you describe). "Full" is a little wider than the UK "double". "King" is a little longer than the UK "Queen". "Queen" is very close to the same as the UK "King".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_size
Old Aug 8th 2013, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

Useful link, thanks, but poo, the single duvet covers are different sizes. Shall have to keep ordering the kids' bedding from the UK then, at least until their current duvets need replacing.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 1:24 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Useful link, thanks, but poo, the single duvet covers are different sizes. Shall have to keep ordering the kids' bedding from the UK then, at least until their current duvets need replacing.
Duvet covers are a snap to make out of flat bedsheets if you have a sewing machine handy. If you want to know how, ask me and I'll find you a free pattern.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speedwell
Duvet covers are a snap to make out of flat bedsheets if you have a sewing machine handy. If you want to know how, ask me and I'll find you a free pattern.
Hmm, I suppose they are, aren't they? I'll see if I can find some nice fabric. And some time/ enthusiasm.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 4:37 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

We got a nice duvet at BB&B a few years back...it's one of the "brand" names, rather than an established bedding company....think Tommy Hilfiger or Ralph Lauren or someone like that....can't remember, and as the wife is currently snoring under it, I'm not about to wake her up to find out. Anyway, it's the dogs bollocks of a duvet, and they sold some decent covers for it too. It's the King, as that was the only thing that would cover the football field sized bed. Figured if we had to put up with the guns, the lousy customer service and the thieving scum that pose as doctors, we may as well reap some of the benefits of the bigger is better ethos
Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:11 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know they did real duvets and covers here! Are they the same size as the UK ones, does anyone know? I have UK duvets, including the excellent 1 TOG ones that M&S do now, but would like to be able to choose new covers in person rather than online.
Probably because the bedding lingo can be different so you might not have known what to look for. I have more often than not heard a duvet being called a comforter and a duvet cover being called a duvet.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 11:11 am
Mouthy Yank

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
We got a nice duvet at BB&B a few years back...it's one of the "brand" names, rather than an established bedding company....think Tommy Hilfiger or Ralph Lauren or someone like that....can't remember, and as the wife is currently snoring under it, I'm not about to wake her up to find out. Anyway, it's the dogs bollocks of a duvet, and they sold some decent covers for it too. It's the King, as that was the only thing that would cover the football field sized bed. Figured if we had to put up with the guns, the lousy customer service and the thieving scum that pose as doctors, we may as well reap some of the benefits of the bigger is better ethos
That isn't doing me any good this morning as I long to crawl back into my bed and not face Houston this morning
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

arran29 will become famous soon enough

M&S: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Duvet...ure/b/43875030, and they're currently delivering here for free.

Don't forget the covers too, as they don't sell those here either!
Thanks fro letting me know about the free delivery of M&S stuff. I've just ordered my husband and I slippers.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 5:06 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I like this UK style duvet idea. When I was in UK my duvet was European style - a Du-Vay, in fact