UK Spouse Visa Information - evidence required etc

Old Mar 21st 2012, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Red-Sea-Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa Information - evidence required etc

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Yes, i meant this. Thanks roaringmouse

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Now the Commons is heading towards an Easter recess, it's becoming more likely to be May at the earliest when changes are likely to occur.
Phew!! We're keeping everything crossed that this turns out to be the case!

Old Mar 25th 2012, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

This article in The Telegraph makes interesting reading for those interested, with a possible indication of what Teresa May wants the minimum income to be.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

just_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to all

Hi Folks,

Sorry to bother you but I'd really like some opinions on supporting docs for my US Husband's spouse visa. I'm already in the UK with our son, he's still in New York, hoping to come over end of June.

We'll be staying with my parents until he finds a job: will a letter from them, mortgage statements and council tax statement be sufficient or do I need a land registry certificate too? I've heard tell of people getting letters from the council saying that everyone has a room for their exclusive use--do I need this too? I hadn't planned on including it because the application asks how many rooms in the house but now I'm second-guessing.

Re: my income/maintenance. I plan to include my payslips from the past 6 months and estimated monthly budgets using excel. Is it necessary to include bank statements? I'd rather not if I can get away with it (gives me the heeby jeebies thinking of someone going through my every expenditure!) but will if I need to.

I'll of course be including plenty of other items to prove our relationship (official certificates, photos etc).

Thanks!
Old Mar 28th 2012, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by just_jenn
We'll be staying with my parents until he finds a job: will a letter from them, mortgage statements and council tax statement be sufficient or do I need a land registry certificate too?
Costs only £4 to get a copy from the Land Registry website - you just need to print it out. Better to include it.
I've heard tell of people getting letters from the council saying that everyone has a room for their exclusive use--do I need this too? I hadn't planned on including it because the application asks how many rooms in the house but now I'm second-guessing.
You shouldn't need a letter from the council for this, but in the letter from your parents they should indicate the number of rooms both in the house and available to you, including children. If the house will have your parents, you & your husband, and your child then the house needs to have at least 3 rooms, with 2 for your sole use.
Re: my income/maintenance. I plan to include my payslips from the past 6 months and estimated monthly budgets using excel. Is it necessary to include bank statements? I'd rather not if I can get away with it (gives me the heeby jeebies thinking of someone going through my every expenditure!) but will if I need to.
They specifically ask for bank statements, so yes you need to provide them.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks,

Sorry to bother you but I'd really like some opinions on supporting docs for my US Husband's spouse visa. I'm already in the UK with our son, he's still in New York, hoping to come over end of June.
Not sure how that would reflect on your ability to apply for ILE for him, guess it means you can only go for a normal spouse visa as you haven't been living together for 4 years at the point of application. I'd also include plenty of details on the relationship and why you moved back early to counter any potential argument that you are now "separated"

As for the rest, of your questions I'm not a great expert there as we got our visa with a copy of my CV, some bank statements and a general letter from me but it was hard work.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 12:33 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Hi Folks,

We'll be staying with my parents until he finds a job: will a letter from them, mortgage statements and council tax statement be sufficient or do I need a land registry certificate too? I've heard tell of people getting letters from the council saying that everyone has a room for their exclusive use--do I need this too? I hadn't planned on including it because the application asks how many rooms in the house but now I'm second-guessing.

I'll of course be including plenty of other items to prove our relationship (official certificates, photos etc).

Thanks!
I think the document you are referring to is a property inspection report , it is issued by a local authority for a fee, and shows how many people the house is able to house without becoming overcrowded. It is submitted by many families applying from India etc. If your application is a little weak in other areas it may be a good thing to include. I am not saying yours is as I do not know your income etc.. 100% do include everything. It is a bit look delivering a baby you have to reveal all!!! Best not to leave anything out you need to show you can support your spouse without recourse to public funds so show it all!!
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

michael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the roughmichael rothwell is a jewel in the rough

well so far thats not the case but nice thought would make us all a little younger
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Red-Sea-Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanted to thank all the people who helped with information and advice regarding DH's settlement visa application.

We submitted it online last week, and on Tuesday this week he had his biometric appointment and gave the supporting documents. The guy taking all his details did say that the application "looked good and your documents look organised and thorough". Shame that isn't enough lol!

Processing usually takes around 3 months here, so now we wait and cross everything

I'll update as soon as we have any news.

Thanks again

Old Apr 21st 2012, 2:07 am
Just Joined

Location: Back home; in the land of turquoise sea, tin mines and pasties. Bliss.
BritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud of

DH is awaiting his biometrics appointment next Monday, we are finally on our way home!

As we are gathering together our ever increasing pile of support documents, could someone please clarify the photograph requirement for the spouse visa application, I am reading conflicting information. Do we need one or two photos?

And, when we come to send in the application, I know we aren't the only ones to worry about having so many vitally important documents out of our control! What method do folk consider most secure to get them to NY? Is there someone there to sign for them?

Many thanks
Old Apr 21st 2012, 3:49 am
Just Joined

junkiejenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInWI
DH is awaiting his biometrics appointment next Monday, we are finally on our way home!

As we are gathering together our ever increasing pile of support documents, could someone please clarify the photograph requirement for the spouse visa application, I am reading conflicting information. Do we need one or two photos?

And, when we come to send in the application, I know we aren't the only ones to worry about having so many vitally important documents out of our control! What method do folk consider most secure to get them to NY? Is there someone there to sign for them?

Many thanks
Hi BritInWi,
You only need one picture with the same specifications as a UK passport. When I sent in my documents from Edmonton, Alberta we did not have a choice of courier the only accepted courier was DHL which is all arranged by the folks who do you biometrics. They collect all your documents at hat time and mail it for you. You do get tracking information for both delivery to NY and the return of your documents which need to be signed for.
Hope that helps and best of luck with your application.
Jen
Moving to the UK in May!!!
Old Apr 21st 2012, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BritInWI
I noticed conflicting information about that too, so we included 2 photos of my wife to be on the safe side!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Location: Back home; in the land of turquoise sea, tin mines and pasties. Bliss.
BritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud ofBritInWI has much to be proud of

Thank you both!

Here in the US we mail the packet ourselves so I get to fret over that some more before Tuesday when it finally wends it's way to New York! Oh goody...something else to obsess over. As if getting all the supporting documents together wasn't bad enough But it's taken more than two years to get DH to this point, so a few more days won't hurt in the long run.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Isabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really nice

Wow, loads of information here! Thanks.

I am still a little confused and my head is spinning. We are planning to relocate to the UK, Cardiff specifically. Our house is on the market and we do not have a set date to move (preferably about 6 weeks or so after the house is sold). We have been married almost 14 years. Hubby is a British citizen (with US citizenship also). I am an American citizen. Our children are all dual citizens also (registered with the British consulate or Home Office). All our children have US passports and I just sent off a tons of paperwork to the UK Embassy in DC to get them all British passports.

I will be the only one who does not have a legal claim to live in the UK. From what I can figure out, I would need to apply for an ILE correct? What about this KOL? I am kind of confused on that. Hubby will continue to work for the same company (it is a global company and he will just telecommute) and I will continue to be a stay at home mom with no intention of working. At this point, we are unsure whether we will rent a place when we get to the UK or buy a house. Hubby's family is near Cardiff and while we could stay with them for a week or two, it will be crowded to say the least (and I imagine immigration would feel the same!) Would we need to find a place before we go over there?

We will have a decent bit of savings once the house is sold so unless a financial safety net is really high, I am not too worried about that part.

Any advice on our situation would be wonderful! I can see there may be an issue with some new changes happening soon. If I can apply without an idea of when we will leave to avoid these changes, that will be great. But I am unable to figure out if a date to leave is open-ended or not once you get the visa.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 4:11 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

If you have passed the KOL the you will be able to apply for ILE if not you will apply for a settlement visa that should be endorsed KOL REQ and will be valid for 27 months and as soon as you pass KOL you will be given ILR
This is as it stands now
All set to change but still it seems a bit vague when.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Isabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really niceIsabella17 is just really nice

So let me see if I have this right.

I apply for an ILE with a KOL req attachment (application form VAF4A with the British Embassy in the US? ($1363 for spouse of a settled person - I assume that is what it is as he will be settling also at the time)

Then once I arrive in the UK, I take the Life in the UK test (since I am a native English speaker from an English speaking country) for 34 pounds. (according to this website, if I speak English I just need to take the Life in the UK test. So I wouldn't need to take the KOL test? From what I see, the KOL is almost 1000 pounds!)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...emonstrating/#

Then I apply for an ILR visa (which form tho? application form SET(M) almost another 1000 pounds or the FLR(M) for 561 pound. What is the difference?)

I feel a bit like banging my head against the wall.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.