Uk settlement visa

Old May 17th 2011, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

mike eddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Uk settlement visa

Hi Ladies and Gentle Men.

I am looking to apply for my UK settlement visa in the next 6 weeks and have some questions which I believe I can get some professional answers to in this forum:

Here are our circumstances and questions:

I am a Nigerian and my wife is a British by birth we both live in Republic Ireland with our two kids (4years old and 6months old daughters they both have British passports).

We have been together for five (5) years and been married for four (4) years and two weeks.

I am presently an advance Creative Media student but will finish in a week time and my wife is currently unemployed but was working as a training Accountant here in Ireland (She holds a degree from UK).

We currently have only around 10,000 Euro (appr 9,000 pounds) in savings.
We don't have any job offer yet in UK

We are staying in my mother in-law house pending the time we get our own accommodation. she is on housing benefit and lives with husband and two adult daughters in a 4 bedroom house age( 85, 21 and 23 years old).

My questions are:

Do I have to write it in my cover letter with the application that I am qualify for Indefinite Visa or not? ( I have passed the KET KOL exam and married for 4 years and two weeks)

Can the application be refused because both of us are unemployed?

Are we qualify to stay in my in-law accommodation, I know we meet the overcrowding but not sure about the housing benefit issue.

Is 10,000 euro enough as a prove maintenance for family of four (4)?

I will really appreciate it if I could get honest answers to all my above questions, and if there are any areas of the application you will like to put my attention to, please don't hesitate to do so.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you all.
Old May 18th 2011, 3:46 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Uk settlement visa

try looking on www.immigrationboards.com and post there too

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mai...eaccommodation
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/spouses

Do check the english language too
Old May 19th 2011, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice

this poster has already achieved some notoriety on another forum for hiding the truth

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/...ttlement-visa/
Old May 19th 2011, 12:48 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Oh how odd perhaps he should be locked then as clearly not an expat
Old May 19th 2011, 12:57 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Seems OP has had the issue answered elsewhere and as such probably not the best thing to re-hash it here.

Thread closed.