UK Return -Car Insurance

Old Jan 28th 2014, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Pennines49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Return -Car Insurance

Hi All

Are there ANY insurance companies that would recognize no claims on house or motor insurances ? -Seems a shame if you have clean records.

Anthony
Old Jan 28th 2014, 1:50 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Return -Car Insurance

Originally Posted by Pennines49
Hi All

Are there ANY insurance companies that would recognize no claims on house or motor insurances ? -Seems a shame if you have clean records.

Anthony
It's difficult, but there have been one or two people who seened to be able to get a good deal.

What can happen (happened to me) is that they say they will recognise your NCB, but the initial year or two, the premium is higher because you haven't driven in the UK ... so you do end up paying through the nose even with NCB.

I'm pretty sure if you run a search for "no claims" in the Advanced Search function you will find some of these. I vaguely recall either Chris955 and/or Tr1boy got good car insurance when they first came back.

Not sure there is such a thing as no claims bonus on house insurance here.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

fastcar is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the runaround with some car insurance companies upon return. Did the excellent quote comparison on moneysavingexpert and came up with some reasonable quotes, only to find that on checking with the insurance companies, suddenly the quotes were higher for a variety of stupid reasons. Co-OP even refused and they used to be my insurers many years ago.
I tried a couple of agents such as AdrianFlux which came back with a decent quote, but still higher than the better MSE quotes.
Finally (via the web) found that Aviva were good at transfering NCB from abroad. and they were, my quote was very close to what I thought was fair. My NCB was earned from driving as a member of Zipcar so I was a little concerned but I had a letter of insurance from them, prior to moving as I knew the day would come. The insurance company will check the NCB and they only carry over for 2 years.

For house insurance I went with Saga which were about half of what my own bank wanted. On the other had Saga were one f the most expensive quotes on motor insurance.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fastcar
I tried a couple of agents such as AdrianFlux which came back with a decent quote, but still higher than the better MSE quotes.
Finally (via the web) found that Aviva were good at transfering NCB from abroad. and they were, my quote was very close to what I thought was fair. .
Adrian Flux were terrible and Aviva just hung up on me
Old Mar 14th 2014, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the yell.co.uk website for a local broker where you're headed to. They will likely know a company who can do it, and a lot of the time they're actually cheaper than direct companies.

I used to work for an insurance company, and we would accept foreign NCD provided it was in English, and stated the number of years, not using the words 'full' or some kind of points system.

Otherwise, you could try the AA, or Swinton, they were 2 of the biggest we used to deal with. they had all sorts of special schemes etc. I'd be surprised if they or a local broker can't find you something.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

Sounds scary...and I'm going back to Northern Ireland! Even worse...