Wikiposts

UK Rentals

Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:45 am
Just Joined

mumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant future
Default UK Rentals

This forum and the messages people have posted is really helping us with planning our move to the UK.

Every agent we contacted used the "no recent credit history means 6-12mths rent up front + 1 mth rent as deposit".

So I sent emails to afew agents and quickly followed through with phone calls. In the email I gave an overview of moving back to the UK, my job and salary when we get there, hubbies resume, letter form a recruitment agency on hubbies expected salary range. Explained why there wouldn't be a credit history & asked for help in obtaining a rental for us.

The agents contacted landlords and today found out we have been accepted for a lovely home in the area we wanted. They are giving it to us at the normal rental terms. e.g 1 mth rent as deposit + 1 mth rent in advance + 150 pound admin fee.

The personal approch seems to work well. Also, the smaller agencies seem to be more accommodating than the larger ones.

Still got to receive the contracts and sign them so fingers crossed this all end up working.

We won't be viewing the house before signing the contract but
*lots of pictures on the website
*means we won't be slugged high 'self catering' options
* we can pre-send the stuff we are shipping so there won't be as long a delay when we actually arrive
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK Rentals

Thanks for the info, will try that approach nearer the time. Hope the move back all works out for you.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumof2asdboys
This forum and the messages people have posted is really helping us with planning our move to the UK.

Every agent we contacted used the "no recent credit history means 6-12mths rent up front + 1 mth rent as deposit".

So I sent emails to afew agents and quickly followed through with phone calls. In the email I gave an overview of moving back to the UK, my job and salary when we get there, hubbies resume, letter form a recruitment agency on hubbies expected salary range. Explained why there wouldn't be a credit history & asked for help in obtaining a rental for us.

The agents contacted landlords and today found out we have been accepted for a lovely home in the area we wanted. They are giving it to us at the normal rental terms. e.g 1 mth rent as deposit + 1 mth rent in advance + 150 pound admin fee.

The personal approch seems to work well. Also, the smaller agencies seem to be more accommodating than the larger ones.

Still got to receive the contracts and sign them so fingers crossed this all end up working.

We won't be viewing the house before signing the contract but
*lots of pictures on the website
*means we won't be slugged high 'self catering' options
* we can pre-send the stuff we are shipping so there won't be as long a delay when we actually arrive
Great news and I bet a bit of relief to know you will have somewhere to call "home" while you all get settled. We have put an offer on a home while still in Aus and if that falls through the agent has said there will be a couple of lovely homes comming up for rent next April....so as you say the personal touch sometimes works wonders.

All the best
Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds really good!Best of luck and best wishes for a happy future in your new home!