uk refrigeration & air con engineer seeking employment in USA

Wikiposts

uk refrigeration & air con engineer seeking employment in USA

Old May 21st 2010, 2:55 am
Just Joined

fridgeair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uk refrigeration & air con engineer seeking employment in USA

Hi

My name is Mark i am seeking work in the USA i am a fully qualified refrigeration and air conditioning engineer with 12 years experience.

If anyone on the forum can give me any advice on where to start i would very much apreciate your time and effort.

qualifications

city & guilds Refrigeration and air conditioning

i live in the UK at present and i want to migrate to the USA with my wife and four children

kind regards

mark

Last edited by Rete; May 21st 2010 at 3:06 am. Reason: Removal of email address
Old May 21st 2010, 3:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk refrigeration & air con engineer seeking employment in USA

Yikes I lost my entire reply to you

Short and sweet, your career field is not one that would allow you to get a work visa in the US.

Please have a go at this http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA and see if you meet any of the criteria.
Old May 21st 2010, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fridgeair
My name is Mark i am seeking work in the USA i am a fully qualified refrigeration and air conditioning engineer with 12 years experience.

qualifications
Not to sound like an utter ponce, but the UK is somewhat unique in how the term engineer gets used. In the US, most are going to assume you hold a engineering degree of some sort if the title "engineer" is thrown around.

No offense intended.

Back to the more on topic matter of moving, I would recommend exploring Australia and Canada as options. Without family ties to the US, it's going to be near impossible for you.
Old May 21st 2010, 7:19 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fridgeair
Hi

If anyone on the forum can give me any advice on where to start i would very much apreciate your time and effort.

qualifications

i live in the UK at present and i want to migrate to the USA with my wife and four children

kind regards

mark
You could get a job in Florida quite easily . but the problem will be getting a visa
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:35 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question Mark are you emloyed or self employed?
There are a couple of options if self employed, or you could look at E2 visa, E2 not advisable with children though.
Old May 24th 2010, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

MrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really nice

google "dime a dozen" might help
Old May 24th 2010, 1:56 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrSensical
google "dime a dozen" might help
Why don't you use the introduce yourself section so we know what you do