Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

UK National Expat Mortgage

UK National Expat Mortgage

Old Feb 9th 2015, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

smck3179 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK National Expat Mortgage

As stated above Im a UK national living in the US - trying to secure a mortgage to purchase a property in Northern Ireland. Not looking to move home right away but would like to have a place bought and possibly rent it out before I move back.

Ive done some research on here and in other places and am at a standstill, is the market for this just completely dead?

From what Ive read on here (and from speaking directly with them) HSBC premier seems to be possibly the only option available to me.

Multiple enquiries to banks brokers etc have just gone nowhere.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 11:48 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK National Expat Mortgage

I wonder

Expat Buy To Let Mortgages From Mortgagesforexpats.com

Buy to let mortgages for expats.

Buy-to-let mortgages - Overview: HSBC Expat
Old Feb 14th 2015, 1:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

BBC News - UK expats 'struggling to buy a home'
Old Feb 14th 2015, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
A number of lenders have dropped out of expat mortgages since the date of that BBC News article. I do know that Skipton BS has a program.

Throw in the age discrimination that UK lenders can seemingly employ, and overall it's got very difficult to get an ex pat mortgage compared to what it used to be like. I'm kicking myself for not having bought an apartment 10 years ago; now any purchase will likely have to be for cash.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

smck3179 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im finally making some headway after an exhaustive search - Giantaxe, are you trying to buy somewhere in mainland UK? If you want to PM me I can send you a couple of leads that should be able to help you.

Last edited by smck3179; Feb 19th 2015 at 12:42 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 6:35 am
Just Joined

lou p is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also having massive problems. I'm a UK national living in Japan and looking to buy a property back home in Northern Ireland, smck3179 I'd love to know your leads.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 3:19 am
Just Joined

lou p is an unknown quantity at this point

I shall PM you
Old Mar 24th 2015, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

aratan is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had good experiences with John Charcol as a mortgage advisor. Worth giving them a call, probably.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

megooo25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smck3179
Im finally making some headway after an exhaustive search - Giantaxe, are you trying to buy somewhere in mainland UK? If you want to PM me I can send you a couple of leads that should be able to help you.
Hi I am in the same situation.

struggling to get a mortgage

Please advise..Thanks

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 7th 2023 at 4:07 pm. Reason: Posting just to use the PM system really isn’t on.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 6:40 am
Loves Australia

AceofSpades is an unknown quantity at this point

As stated above Im a UK national living in the US - trying to secure a mortgage to purchase a property in Northern Ireland. Not looking to move home right away but would like to have a place bought and possibly rent it out before I move back.

Ive done some research on here and in other places and am at a standstill, is the market for this just completely dead?

From what Ive read on here (and from speaking directly with them) HSBC premier seems to be possibly the only option available to me.

Multiple enquiries to banks brokers etc have just gone nowhere.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure if this is possible? if you get something I'm interested too.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

maccan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, i am now working my way through this now in prep for a December re-mortgage, does anyone have an update?
Old Jul 8th 2015, 1:13 am
Just Joined

jamis2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey.I'm also having problem wanting to invest in northern Ireland whilst working in Hong Kong. Could you pm me your leads as well? seems like hit a brick wall trying to find lenders. Cheers

James
Old Jul 10th 2015, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

We did manage to get an agreement in principle pretty soon after landing through HSBC Premier....have not looked in to anything else..
Old Aug 9th 2015, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We had two offers while we were living in Australia, one was from the Halifax and the other HSBC both good offers, it was over 5 years ago now and other banks were just not interested due to what was happening with banks in the UK at the time, some banks are "loosing" up a bit now, Santander also said yes at the time but we did not take it any further. Good luck
Old Nov 13th 2015, 9:03 am
Just Joined

6i Inn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the about comments in this thread and I previously did have complications remortgaging and releasing equity in my UK property and purchasing another. I've lived all over the world and still love the UK property market especially now. I was referred a company called Bond Finance in London. These guys are backed by a bank in the UK which is helpful. I've only used these guys and I do know they have offices in Australia.

Like above comment I wont add link but worth a search if you would like more information.

Hope this helps guys and good luck.

6i

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.