Wikiposts

The UK is looking good.

Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

drew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to all
Default Re: The UK is looking good.

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Nothing makes me happier than finding a hearfelt story like this.........

How about coffee in Britain these days? Still cr@p? or gotten much better?

even if coffee is one of the most important things in my life, I sometimes feel like this.... Now I can live or survive without it. - think I'd be much happier being in the UK without coffee ... rather than being miserable with Great Coffee everyday in Wellington! It's my honest feelings at the mo...
I worked as a barista for YEARS so I'm incredibly anal about my coffee. I'm also lactose intolerant so soy is a big deal to me. On a recent trip to see the in-laws, I no longer was confined to Starbucks lattes! There were actually smaller chains and shops offering great soy lattes, as well as pretty decent espresso!! And this was in Leicester! Things are looking up in the coffee department
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Nothing makes me happier than finding a hearfelt story like this.........

How about coffee in Britain these days? Still cr@p? or gotten much better?

even if coffee is one of the most important things in my life, I sometimes feel like this.... Now I can live or survive without it. - think I'd be much happier being in the UK without coffee ... rather than being miserable with Great Coffee everyday in Wellington! It's my honest feelings at the mo...
Don't get all worked about the coffee, I just drink it to stay awake and if it tastes good that's just a bonus. All I miss a nice cup of tea after years of crap tea

Oh yes and I agree with OP.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmralston
Don't get all worked about the coffee, I just drink it to stay awake and if it tastes good that's just a bonus. All I miss a nice cup of tea after years of crap tea

Oh yes and I agree with OP.

Where on earth are you living and having crap tea? I suppose you can easily find good quality tea most of the places?

I used to love the "special sophisticated" taste of great coffee that I made every morning in the past, but now I can't even feel the proper taste of the coffee I drink every morning and I just drink it to stay away (like you) - not that I seriously enjoy or love the taste or anything like that as before... It's just a habit you know! I must admit that I was quite surprised by... I always thought I would love coffee with passion for rest of my life, but it has changed... see? Hopefully this doesn't apply toward my husband in future... . Once I love him so much, then after 10 something years, I have no more feelings toward him.... something like that..... then it must be terrible, eh?

I agree with you though,,, if it tastes good that's just a bonus. You are right.

The change in your taste, it's more or less to do with your emotioal happiness I guess. It's like when you feel upset or unhappy, you lose appetite or something like that. I just feel fed up with my life here nowadays - feel almost numb with my daily routine. Not sure I might feel better and food taste good again if I move back to the Blighty? Who knows...

I wish I could find a reasonable job easily in the UK... but that's just my wish....

Hopefully you can find some Yorkshire tea or some great tea soon. We have got all sorts of real English teas available (most famous brands) in Wellington. but I never bother buying them....

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 16th 2009 at 9:59 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
I still find a lot of people use instant at home, or coffee presses, which I don't really like, and the selection of coffee beans and ground coffee in supermarkets is a bit limited, but it's much better.

Coffee, wine, cheese, and chocolate. What more do we need?*G*

Bev
Britain must be 3rd world country then... If an awful lot of People still drink Instant Coffee....

and I use a French Press when I make my coffee most of the time and occasionally filter coffee machine - if I have real fresh beans. Hey, Nothing wrong with using Cafetière if not best for you as it has got bad Cholesterol in it. It's better drink filtered clean coffee if you are really concerned.

What I need is: Coffee, Beer, Gourmet Ice Cream, and some Danish Brie Cheese... That's about it. I don't need anything sweet stuff tho. (and I don't drink wine! )

(I love Harney & Sons Earl Grey Supreme )

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 16th 2009 at 11:44 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Where on earth are you living and having crap tea? I suppose you can easily find good quality tea most of the places?

:
LOL.. Well It's not really a problem with the tea it's actually the UHT milk we get here (Vietnam) but I am stuck here for at least another 6 months so just got to put up with it. You will like it here though, the coffee is spot on here and it sure does keep me awake.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL.. Well It's not really a problem with the tea it's actually the UHT milk we get here (Vietnam) but I am stuck here for at least another 6 months so just got to put up with it. You will like it here though, the coffee is spot on here and it sure does keep me awake.

Oh My God. How come you live in Vietnam?

YOU know, in general, Milk in any Asain countries, they are all f***ing horrible! I lived in Asia (Japan & South Korea) and thus I know!

I only drink UHT milk (for my coffee) here in NZ and I know milk does change/affect the taste of coffee!

hey, I know coffee is spot on in Vietnam! I've heard that somewhere before!

Why don't you drink just Black coffee in Vietnam? (If milk is yuck! ) like a Long Black?

You take care.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 16th 2009 at 11:55 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Oh My God. How come you live in Vietnam?
It's not that bad here really, you sure you're not thinking North Korea? Bet they don't have gourmet ice cream, I am going to stop now before I get told off.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's not that bad here really, you sure you're not thinking North Korea? Bet they don't have gourmet ice cream, I am going to stop now before I get told off.

I am just talking about South Korea. Well, I know nothing about North Korea stuff though.

I was referring to NZ (Kapiti) Icecream.... I really don't know much about foods in Asia!

Surely I wouldn't drink coffee and have Ice Cream over there........... Seriously coffee was cr@p in Seoul (In-Choen Airport)! Yuck! So I waited until I come back to NZ!

Hope you enjoy Vietnam as much as you can! I am not saying the place is naff or anything like that, it's just that I don't think I can stay there myself, cos hot weather, humidity, mozzies, bugs, etc

I was terribly bitten by bugs while staying in Seoul for just 3 weeks last year! I am afraid.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 16th 2009 at 11:53 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Don't believe everything your girlfriend says ... the weather in Perth is great ... a little cold 1st thing in the morning but it soon warms up with clear blue skies. ... and remember this is winter !
Well it's not today, cold, very wet and extra boring in the Winter......and this is my favourite time of year....such a lovely change after all that heat...you cannot beat the seasons.....cannot wait to have a Christmas in winter again....nothing beats that.....
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drew&venna
I worked as a barista for YEARS so I'm incredibly anal about my coffee. I'm also lactose intolerant so soy is a big deal to me. On a recent trip to see the in-laws, I no longer was confined to Starbucks lattes! There were actually smaller chains and shops offering great soy lattes, as well as pretty decent espresso!! And this was in Leicester! Things are looking up in the coffee department
My son fully agrees with you..he is also a Brista at the moment (working around college etc) and says the coffee in the U.K and Europe is vastly improved with lots more choice....our last visit home we have a lovely little shop near where we live and they sell anything from long blacks, maciatto's (not sure if I spelt that correctly) to Chai's to good old flat whites......and that's in Manchester....
Old Jun 19th 2009, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Countess Denero is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LondonPerth
Been back 4 weeks after 3 years in Perth and have to say the place is looking good, this is my first time back and I have 3 more weeks before I head back.
Where is all this recession and britain going down the pan that is all over the news in Oz all my old mates are still in work and seem to be doing OK.
I suppose this fantastic weather over the last few weeks has helped but the place is looking better than when I left, staying with my brother in Kent and really enjoying a decent pint after the stuff they try and brew in Oz.
Girlfriend still in Oz and says the weather is crap....ha ha ha .
Where in Kent? i am from there and currently due back from Lanzarote....
[small world huh?]