Wikiposts

The UK is looking good.

Old Jun 8th 2009, 6:44 am
Banned

LondonPerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The UK is looking good.

Been back 4 weeks after 3 years in Perth and have to say the place is looking good, this is my first time back and I have 3 more weeks before I head back.
Where is all this recession and britain going down the pan that is all over the news in Oz all my old mates are still in work and seem to be doing OK.
I suppose this fantastic weather over the last few weeks has helped but the place is looking better than when I left, staying with my brother in Kent and really enjoying a decent pint after the stuff they try and brew in Oz.
Girlfriend still in Oz and says the weather is crap....ha ha ha .
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:24 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The UK is looking good.

Originally Posted by LondonPerth
Been back 4 weeks after 3 years in Perth and have to say the place is looking good, this is my first time back and I have 3 more weeks before I head back.
Where is all this recession and britain going down the pan that is all over the news in Oz all my old mates are still in work and seem to be doing OK.
I suppose this fantastic weather over the last few weeks has helped but the place is looking better than when I left, staying with my brother in Kent and really enjoying a decent pint after the stuff they try and brew in Oz.
Just don't read the newspapers and you'll be fine.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Caymanite is an unknown quantity at this point

Was just on the phone to my Mum in Manchester yesterday, she said everything going well except for waiting on that elusive lottery win

We were having a chat about the problem with British people in general, on the whole we are too bloody negative, we believe all the media hype and we love misery.............

Britain is beautiful, so what there are social and economic problems, aren't there everywhere you look in the world? Try see a place for what it has got, rather than for what it is lacking.

I miss home.....
Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:04 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Don't believe everything your girlfriend says ... the weather in Perth is great ... a little cold 1st thing in the morning but it soon warms up with clear blue skies. ... and remember this is winter !
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:38 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by BAY
Don't believe everything your girlfriend says ... the weather in Perth is great ... a little cold 1st thing in the morning but it soon warms up with clear blue skies. ... and remember this is winter !
So what!! some of us like a proper winter, with snow
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You wont find snow in the uk anymore!
Just dampness for months
Im sure theres more in aussie
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:56 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Yep, sure is looking good
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:19 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Good for you
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing makes me happier than finding a hearfelt story like this.........

How about coffee in Britain these days? Still cr@p? or gotten much better?

even if coffee is one of the most important things in my life, I sometimes feel like this.... Now I can live or survive without it. - think I'd be much happier being in the UK without coffee ... rather than being miserable with Great Coffee everyday in Wellington! It's my honest feelings at the mo...

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 9th 2009 at 5:00 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
You wont find snow in the uk anymore!
Just dampness for months
Im sure theres more in aussie
Thats funny?I swear we had 4 inches where we live last February!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:26 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Coffee has got better! It did used to be awful. But there are some chains that do decent coffee now.

I still find a lot of people use instant at home, or coffee presses, which I don't really like, and the selection of coffee beans and ground coffee in supermarkets is a bit limited, but it's much better.

On our trip back in March we took a Melitta cone and filters and a bag of coffee. That kept us going for a while. Then we had to buy some. It was okay. When we move back we'll find a source for really good coffee, get a grinder, and be okay.

Coffee, wine, cheese, and chocolate. What more do we need?*G*

Bev
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

I had to go to France before I learnt about Nespresso. £250 for the machine,35p for each capsule but mmmmmmm!
Coffee (large milky) in a typical cafe here in S.W.France is 2.50 euros. How does that compare elsewhere?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Quite agree. We are stil having lovely weather here in Perth
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:48 am
Banned

Koolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura about

Wheather the UK is good or bad, largely depends on what profession one has. For the professionals I think it is still very positive in many aspects perhaps for those in blue collar jobs etc, the picture could be gloomy

MB
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

We have been back in the UK for 2 weeks after 2 yrs in Spain,yes it feels much better then before,getting all the usual things that you cant get in Spain.Dont regret going to Spain but it makes us appreciate this country so much more,so dont knock it.Even going shopping,seing all the different kinds of food you can get,people understanding your sense of humour and being able to respond with a witty remark too! We also had a takeaway delivered to our home late one night last week whilst we were watching tele'..........you cant beat that!!! Anyway some people dont like it here and knock it,but i think you should appreciate what we have here,i sound like an old git,but im quite young honestly!!!! Rule Brittania!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.