Reload this Page >

Is UK is good for Asthama patient

Is UK is good for Asthama patient

Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

grshakya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is UK is good for Asthama patient

Dear Friends,
Is UK is good country for person who is having asthama during winter or there is no problem at all to them. Is there any helpfull suggestion for this type of person who wants to immigrate to UK.
with regards,
jitendra.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Benny Hill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is UK is good for Asthama patient

Avoid any country with traffic pollution and humid weather!!!! Don't have many countries coming to mind!

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:52 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grshakya
Dear Friends,
Is UK is good country for person who is having asthama during winter or there is no problem at all to them. Is there any helpfull suggestion for this type of person who wants to immigrate to UK.
with regards,
jitendra.
I used to get much worse asthma when I lived in the UK, during the winter. The cold, damp air in the winter can "set it off". However, I may have happened to grow out of it, as now when I return in the winter, although I am a bit more "chesty" than here in the US, it's nowhere near as bad as when I lived there 20 years ago. So, bottom line I'd say is the cold, damp air can be a problem but if you use common sense and bring your meds I don't think you'll have much more problem than in a cold city in the States.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

IanandHolly is on a distinguished road

Dear Friends,
with regards,
jitendra.
I was born in a rural part of Pennsylvania in the north eastern part of US. I have asthma and ton's of allergies, however, after moving to wigan a quite polluted ares of the UK my allergies and asthma are bothering me sooo much less. I think it al depends on what triggers your asthma. For me it was pollen and dust among other things. However, there are fewer trees and the damp keeps the dust at bay. Plus it is much more mild temperature wise. Wigan just doesn't get -20 winters and 40 summers that I grew up with.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

grshakya is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks friends, one more question which place is good in UK for this type of patients.
jitendra.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

amandat is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks friends, one more question which place is good in UK for this type of patients.
jitendra.
Hi
I live in Plymouth UK and I get asthama, traffic makes it bad so dont move to a big city, Plymouth isn't big but the cold winter months set me off. Last year I was ill from Nov to April one cold after another making my asthama bad.( I'm a non smoker) I also suffer from really bad hay-fever throughout the summer months and as they go hand in hand you just can't win, just learn to live with it
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:36 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is UK is good for Asthma patient

Dear Friends,
with regards,
jitendra.
Not as bad as you might think. Sydney and Auckland are two places that spring to mind as being - for the average asthma sufferer - worse than the UK. (No doubt there are individual exceptions to this.) Yet surprisingly lots of people assume the exact opposite, even to the point of moving from the UK to Sydney on the basis that their asthma will be better, and then finding that the reverse is true.

Depending on the type of asthma you have, things to avoid in the UK might include the following:

- heavily polluted areas
- damp housing
- dusty housing
- houses (particularly bedrooms) with wall-to-wall carpet

Relatively simple steps that can improve the situation include rigorous regular vacuuming and dusting, and regular changing and washing of bedding - the usual things, really.

The NHS is actually pretty good at managing asthmatic patients, as a rule: it is one of the things it does quite well.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:51 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Dear Friends,
with regards,
jitendra.
it all depends on the trigger. if its cold weather, then with all the rain in winter it might worsen it. some people are allergic to dust, others its smog, some the outdoors.

I'm allergic to dust so i was ok in london, with all the smog. The cold weather didnt affect me. I was pleasantly surprised during my first visit. I'm still holding out fine in the US (much warmer).

As far as treatment is concerned, it wouldnt cost you much as healthcare is free in the UK under NHS. so you'll get your medication.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:08 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gross50
it wouldnt cost you much as healthcare is free in the UK under NHS.
when you pay NI contributions it is far from free.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:38 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
No, but it's free at the point of delivery, and treatment is therefore not dependent on an ability to pay there and then or anything like that. Of course, this applies only to those eligible for NHS treatment (which is virtually everyone who is living legally in the UK, whether temporarily or permanently).
Old Nov 10th 2004, 5:52 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Is UK is good for Asthama patient

Dear Friends,
with regards,
jitendra.

How do you intend to immigrate to the UK? Why do you want to leave Nepal?
Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:23 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Manc
NI contribution is mandatory just like midicare tax. but you dont get free treatment in the US. also not all classes of immigrants are allowed to work in the UK but you still get free NHS treatment if you are staying in the UK for more than 6 months. doesn't happen in the US.

i hope you now get it why NHS is considered as free. With my NHS card i could hope on to the UK and get treated. I'm still on the doctor's register.