UK Fiance visa - Sponsor Self employed checklist

Old Feb 15th 2019, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

artnoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Post UK Fiance visa - Sponsor Self employed checklist

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your wonderful help. We are a week away from our appointment date, and I would love to go over my application with some of you amazing experts, and get some more information on the dreaded Appendix2 - Category F (Self Employed) documentation.

Just so you know, I'm an Australian citizen who is residing in Berlin, Germany, so this is where I'll be applying from.

Please see what we have prepared below:
  • VA4FA online application - printed
  • Biometrics Appointment confirmation
  • Applicant’s passport and previous passport
  • Copy of sponsor’s passport (all pages, bio page notirised)/Birth Certificate (copy)
  • Applicant Letter of Introduction
  • Sponsor Letter of Support
  • University Certificate (copy, as it's in Australia)
(Should I add my employment details here also? Seems obsolete.)

Finances (Category F application) Self-Employed and working in the UK:
  • Cover letter explaining freelancer role on a project basis, and content of documentation
  • VA4FA Appendix 2 - filled out by hand
  • 12 electronic pay slips, accompanied by an HR letter of authenticity
  • 12 months original bank statements showing all pay slips deposited - notarised by NatWest
  • Employment letter from current employer on company headed paper (job title, length of service, type of contract)
  • Copy of current signed employment contract - for a show has to build and design for August (he works project basis, and can still work other jobs during this time, which he is) - 8K
  • Employment letter from previous employer on company headed paper (job title, length of service, type of contract) - was 8 months at 41,6K - The employer has also worked with my partner on many projects prior and is noting this in his letter
  • Previous employer contract
  • P60
  • Tax Return of past 2 financial years - average salary of 53k
Somethings we are waiting to hear back from his accountant
  • Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302)
  • Evidence of Amount of Tax Payable, Paid and Unpaid - i presume this is all in his annual tax return that his accountant submits to him every year? And is it the same as the Annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC?
  • Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed if available.
  • Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR)
  • Accountant Certificate of Confirmation

Accommodation:
  • Tenancy Agreement, (unsigned, eek) but with our names, property details, and details that our contract to commence 2nd March, 2019
  • Letter from Real Estate (on official header and signed by hand) confirming 3 bedroom property, that we are the sole tenants and the date our contract commences - 2nd March, 2019
  • E-mail correspondence with the Real Estate, I added this to confirm further our moving in to the property
  • In the Spouse Supporting Letter my fiance mentions his current address, the period of time there, and rental payments. He advices of our new home and move in date, costs, etc.

Intent to Marry:
  • Email correspondence with registry office making enquiries about ceremony room
  • Email confirmation from registry office that ceremony is booked, date and time
  • Receipt of payment of £55 deposit for ceremony
  • Supporting letter from both applicant and sponsors Mothers
  • Email correspondence with wedding co-ordinator at venue for evening reception - only having close family attend
  • Email correspondence with florist, to decorate the venue
Note: we don't want to do the whole ring/dress thing, it just isn't us! We do plan on having a bigger ceremony once I'm settled in the UK, and this is in both our cover letters!

Relationship:
  • 10-15 pages of photos of us together and with a few friends/family, alongside snippets of facetime calls, whatsapp and instagram posts (all time stamped) in chronological order of our whole relationship
  • Flight itineraries (we caught 36 planes in 1.5 year - yikes!)
  • Airbnb bookings from our trips in the UK, Germany, Spain, India and Sri Lanka
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

artnoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Fiance visa - Sponsor Self employed checklist

HI guys, I was having issues understanding the Category F - Self Employed Appendix 2 application, and i think i have everything now. Just a query, though:

My partner was able to obtain payslips from a freelance project he was on (I don't know if this is common practice, doesn't seem so to me, but apparently this agency works for all of the film/tv industry in Wales supplying payslips, etc). My question is do i include these payslips, or is it better to leave them out, as we are applying under Cat - F, and this could essentially confuse an agent, who perhaps from face value, might mistake the payslips and reference letter as a different scheme of employment, rather than freelance (even though the letter indicates freelance work)? I feel like the additional documents help support to show that he is engaging in work currently, but don't want to create and problems.

Basically my fiancee doesn't even fully grasp his trade, and just pays an accountant. Oh dear!