Reload this Page >

Uk Citizen Rights At Border Control

Uk Citizen Rights At Border Control

Old Oct 18th 2014, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

On the road again is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk Citizen Rights At Border Control

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I really can't find anything on this thread remotely similar to "idiot trolling"
So you think someone saying since I remained silent and thus they are implying I am making it up or some other inflammatory garbage... and some other idiot concurs just to stir me up... pretty clear example of internet trolls.

I'll admit idiot was the wrong choice of word... fool was more appropriate

I'm sorry to those that are trying to help, but I'm not going to go into details here. I made the mistake of not simply asking for referral to sites that detail citizen rights while crossing the border and left it at that.

Last edited by On the road again; Oct 18th 2014 at 10:36 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 10:34 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by On the road again
I'm even less interested in making what took place public - as is often said don't feed the trolls.

there is absolutely no excuse for professional misconduct such as the abuse and insults I was subjected to,
In post 8, I provided you with links that you requested, at the same time made a simple request for some details for you to share.

No trolling IMO by anyone, after all it was you that posted the alleged incident, threw it out there for everyone to see & comment on - then asked for help, which was provided & YES, its your choice not to share what happened - that I respect, but out of courtesy when you asked for help .... meh!

From the other posters all have said they have never experienced any issues with the UKBA border folks.

It makes one wonder why were you personally treated differently?

So, I guess we'd better leave it at that
Old Oct 18th 2014, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by not2old
In post 8, I provided you with links that you requested, at the same time made a simple request for some details for you to share.

No trolling IMO by anyone, after all it was you that posted the alleged incident, threw it out there for everyone to see & comment on - then asked for help, which was provided & YES, its your choice not to share what happened - that I respect, but out of courtesy when you asked for help .... meh!

From the other posters all have said they have never experienced any issues with the UKBA border folks.

It makes one wonder why were you personally treated differently?

So, I guess we'd better leave it at that
It's been a bit of a flurry of typing but I'm pretty sure I said thank you to those the provided links in one of the posts, but if I had deleted it thank you again. I did follow the links through and will follow up on a week day for one for sure when they'll be open.

Last edited by On the road again; Oct 18th 2014 at 10:47 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

It wouldn't though because I'm not asking for advice on how to make a complaint or how to file a lawsuit therefore what took place hasn't anything to do with what I'm requesting here. Except that it is the impetuous that is made me determined to be a great deal more educated on my rights when crossing the border into this country.

And after the idiot trolling of a few here I'm even less interested in making what took place public - as is often said don't feed the trolls.

If you truly want to know some of what the border agency has subjected people to just google it. There's an all too common trend in what's written about them - they severely abuse people. Considering their position and responsibility there is absolutely no excuse for professional misconduct such as the abuse and insults I was subjected to, have been told about and have read over and over - no exceptions.
I'm sorry, but considering the above explanation, what exactly ARE you asking?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I really can't find anything on this thread remotely similar to "idiot trolling". Rather you have a lot of posters who are confused because their experiences in mo way match yours, therefore they are at a loss on how to help without fruther info! ( myself included)
Were you falsely imprisoned? Refused entry? Merely had the micky taken out of you? Was it a lawful refusal of entry or an unlawful one? Did they make discriminatory comments? What happened could well have a bearing on where people can point you for help.
As for google, yeah, their are a lot of links to stories from papers like the Daily fail where you get half the facts if you're lucky, and a lot of people weeping and wailing and then loving the money they get for their story.
i can't imagine why border staff would consider refusing a British citizen entry on a UK passport, and thats a comment from a witch not a troll. i am genuinely puzzled
+1.

So you think someone saying since I remained silent and thus they are implying I am making it up or some other inflammatory garbage... and some other idiot concurs just to stir me up... pretty clear example of internet trolls.

I'll admit idiot was the wrong choice of word... fool was more appropriate

I'm sorry to those that are trying to help, but I'm not going to go into details here. I made the mistake of not simply asking for referral to sites that detail citizen rights while crossing the border and left it at that.
OTRA, I sincerely think that those of us who have replied are sincerely trying to help. & many of us are sincerely confused. With respect, for starters, the first page of a British passport details "citizen rights". If these were abused, tell us how & we'll be all over it

S
Old Oct 18th 2014, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

@ Plasticcanuck and michali

I could have said a lot more but... Thank christ for troll filters.

For those that provided links thx but they're more for pursuing a civil suit which is the easy part as opposed to finding information on being well informed and knowing ones rights when dealing with abusing border agents.

Sorry for the confusion. It's not that clear. I was saying the two above are trolls not everyone else.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 11:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The OP seems to have got the info he was asking for...time to put this thread to bed methinks.

Thread closed.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 18th 2014 at 11:30 pm. Reason: Grrrrrrrrr auto correct