Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

UK car insurance and ICBC penalties

UK car insurance and ICBC penalties

Old Jul 30th 2021, 10:53 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK car insurance and ICBC penalties

We’re moving back to the UK later this year and I’m wondering if I have to declare penalties I received from ICBC when I get car insurance in the UK? It seems that the insurers all understand UK penalty points but there’s no direct comparison to ones in BC? Any pointers? Thanks!
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Farmer on a bike has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer on a bike has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer on a bike has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer on a bike has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer on a bike has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer on a bike has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer on a bike has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer on a bike has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer on a bike has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer on a bike has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer on a bike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK car insurance and ICBC penalties

Originally Posted by Funky Florist
We’re moving back to the UK later this year and I’m wondering if I have to declare penalties I received from ICBC when I get car insurance in the UK? It seems that the insurers all understand UK penalty points but there’s no direct comparison to ones in BC? Any pointers? Thanks!
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...ntents/enacted
I would suspect it comes down to how they ask the question, such as 'have you had any convictions?' vs have you had any conviction in the UK?'
I don't think it is ever wise to be less than honest with an insurer, it may save a bit on premium, but if they refuse a claim or subrogate, it can get expensive.
Old Aug 4th 2021, 4:53 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK car insurance and ICBC penalties

Agreed! I guess I just leave it to the insurers to make sense of the UK equivalents of the infractions! Thanks so much for responding!