Wikiposts

UK bound

Old Aug 5th 2010, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Sal_Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK bound

We have made the decision to return to the UK from Canada
We are going to ship the furniture etc that we purchased here in Canada back to the UK....
My question is does anyone have any experiences good or bad when they have done this and would we have to pay any duty as the goods were purchased in Canada?

thanks
Old Aug 5th 2010, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Default Re: UK bound

Originally Posted by Sal_Lee
We are going to ship the furniture etc that we purchased here in Canada back to the UK....
My question is does anyone have any experiences good or bad when they have done this and would we have to pay any duty as the goods were purchased in Canada?

thanks
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/moving.htm

I have to fill in form C3 to claim any tax relief available to me
Old Aug 5th 2010, 9:32 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sal_Lee

thanks
Hi Sal
We brought home a few bits n pieces we bought in Canada....to be honest I found most of the stuff out there to be absolutely dire, so sold most of it and replaced what we needed. However, having said that, no we didn't pay duty as it's all for personal use. Don't know where you are, but try to get at least 3 quotes and don't be fooled into thinking the cheapest is the best.....and don't be mislead about having to insure your goods. There's so much info on this forum about shipping you're bound to find some of it useful.
Hope all goes well for you
Old Aug 5th 2010, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jay Bird
Hi Sal
We brought home a few bits n pieces we bought in Canada....to be honest I found most of the stuff out there to be absolutely dire, so sold most of it and replaced what we needed. However, having said that, no we didn't pay duty as it's all for personal use. Don't know where you are, but try to get at least 3 quotes and don't be fooled into thinking the cheapest is the best.....and don't be mislead about having to insure your goods. There's so much info on this forum about shipping you're bound to find some of it useful.
Hope all goes well for you
thanks Jay Bird

I may not escape duty as we were only in Canada a couple of months so some of our stuff is less than 6 months old

Im sure our movers will be able to clarify so we can decide to ship or not to ship
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Aw Sal lee sorry it did not work out for you in Canada, wanna share why or where you just homesick, do you have children with you, I am just curious and envious I should have done what you are doing 13 years ago just after we arrived and I just knew US was not for me......... so many regrets,