Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Two very easy questions for you 'old pro's' ...

Two very easy questions for you 'old pro's' ...

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:08 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two very easy questions for you 'old pro's' ...

1) We're shipping the vast majority of our household goods back to the UK from Perth ... Can someone please provide an indicative cost in dollars and make a recommendation? Is the cost determined by weight, floor area, container

2) How long does the stuff take to get back? Does it go around SA or through the Suez & Med?

Ta.

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Two very easy questions for you 'old pro's' ...

Originally Posted by Three Legs
1) We're shipping the vast majority of our household goods back to the UK from Perth ... Can someone please provide an indicative cost in dollars and make a recommendation? Is the cost determined by weight, floor area, container

2) How long does the stuff take to get back? Does it go around SA or through the Suez & Med?

Ta.

We used Kents, cost us $7,800 for 20 foot container. It was measured cubic feet.
Container left Freemantle 20th Jan and arrived in UK 6th March.

Kents charged us another $400 extra due to exchange rates falling, so beware of this.
All the Best 3 and family.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Oi...less of the old pro you!!

We used Kents Too but we obviously didn't haggle as well as R because ours cost us $7900.00 for a 20ft container, although we didn't get charged anything extra

They were very good, nothing broken, and took about 10 weeks which is what they said it would take.

Oh, and I don't know which route it took 'cus it didn't send me a postcard!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oi...less of the old pro you!!

We used Kents Too but we obviously didn't haggle as well as R because ours cost us $7900.00 for a 20ft container, although we didn't get charged anything extra

They were very good, nothing broken, and took about 10 weeks which is what they said it would take.

Oh, and I don't know which route it took 'cus it didn't send me a postcard!!!!
Well we had afew things damaged. TV and Fridge.
We claimed with Kents insurance and they farted about with the claim for ages.
Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, in the end up they paid us out and said they would come and collect our damaged TV and Fridge. But they never did, so we sold them hahahaha.
How's life T? i'm buzzing still..can't wait for Xmas. I have spent loads this year. You know how i like to shop, so i've gone abit potty this year. Dare not look at my bank balance
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 11:13 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Ta.

Crikey, I didn't realise you were going back, I thought you liked it here?
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:22 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arkon
Crikey, I didn't realise you were going back, I thought you liked it here?
me too
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:46 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys.

To Arkon & Mags ...

We love Aus but something has come up back home.

We are citizens and definately plan to come back out in the future, altho' it will be the Sunshine Coast next time. We've "done" Perth

Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:53 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

To Arkon & Mags ...

We love Aus but something has come up back home.

We are citizens and definately plan to come back out in the future, altho' it will be the Sunshine Coast next time. We've "done" Perth

Come to syndey it's great. I'd always wanted to go to Mars and here in Sydney is sometimes comes to you so it's great. I'm still sucking up the Mars dirt from the bottom of the pool, weeks after the event.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 5:56 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Come to syndey it's great. I'd always wanted to go to Mars and here in Sydney is sometimes comes to you so it's great. I'm still sucking up the Mars dirt from the bottom of the pool, weeks after the event.
You're an innovative kind of chap Arkon; you could collect the dust, put it in sealed vials and flog it off to tourists!

What happened to your property and the alpacas? You sell it up? Any plans to return to UK in future?

'Tis the season so: enjoy the barbie n bland beer on the beach xmas day now
Old Nov 24th 2009, 9:35 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
You're an innovative kind of chap Arkon; you could collect the dust, put it in sealed vials and flog it off to tourists!

What happened to your property and the alpacas? You sell it up? Any plans to return to UK in future?

Alpacas and farm are now gone. I'm in Sydney now, and stuck here, can't go back. So I frly back twice a year for 2 weeks at a time.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

is it blast from the past week or what! hows tricks KC??
Old Nov 25th 2009, 4:15 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Alpacas and farm are now gone. I'm in Sydney now, and stuck here, can't go back. So I frly back twice a year for 2 weeks at a time.
Well I hope at some stage in the future you're able to go back if that's what you'd still like to do. I guess at least trips home are something to look forward to and enjoy. When did you move to Sydney and how's it treating you?

It's good to see you on BE again. You take care.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 4:24 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by northernbird
is it blast from the past week or what! hows tricks KC??
Hey NB still in East Sth Africa (as an aquaintance of mine calls it LOL)I see. How's life in the sandpit? (my name for WA).

Things a bit slow but I've had a couple of trips back to NZ in last couple of years to catch up with family and friends; which was good. Am hoping to move to UK or possibly EU in 2-3 yrs. I'm over the heat in this country and the mundane lifestyle. Feels like being comatose and waitng for death

Think the ONLY thing I'll miss when I eventually leave OZ will be the ABC, but as half of thier shows are British I should be able to find some decent telly over there
Old Nov 25th 2009, 4:34 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hey NB still in East Sth Africa (as an aquaintance of mine calls it LOL)I see. How's life in the sandpit? (my name for WA).

Things a bit slow but I've had a couple of trips back to NZ in last couple of years to catch up with family and friends; which was good. Am hoping to move to UK or possibly EU in 2-3 yrs. I'm over the heat in this country and the mundane lifestyle. Feels like being comatose and waitng for death

Think the ONLY thing I'll miss when I eventually leave OZ will be the ABC, but as half of thier shows are British I should be able to find some decent telly over there
Sandpit still going great for family Northernbird. I am easy to please and as long as my family are healthy and happy the stuff that irritates most folk just passes me by. Taking our first trip back to the motherland next June, quite looking forward to it if only to fill some suitcases with english sweeties!!!

Nice to see you here and glad things are going well for you.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:58 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Well I hope at some stage in the future you're able to go back if that's what you'd still like to do. I guess at least trips home are something to look forward to and enjoy. When did you move to Sydney and how's it treating you?

It's good to see you on BE again. You take care.
I've been in sydney for a year and a half now. Seems an eternity. It's ok really. I now do all my business dealings in the UK so all that kind of frustration has gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.