TV OZ to UK

Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default TV OZ to UK

I know after a bit of tweeking the menu our UK tv worked when we arrived here in OZ. But we bought a 19" Samsung lcd when we first got here, will we have any probs with it when we return home?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV OZ to UK

Originally Posted by tillysmum View Post
I know after a bit of tweeking the menu our UK tv worked when we arrived here in OZ. But we bought a 19" Samsung lcd when we first got here, will we have any probs with it when we return home?
no will just work, the bonus will be you'll actually have some decent programs displayed on it. never again will you have to endure the total rubbish served up in Oz
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice_debs_ is just really nice

How true!!!! English TV is fab
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Oh so true, so looking forward to watching the drama's in the winter and all the lovely xmas shows snuggled on the sofa with some decent chocolate and a nice cup of yorkshire tea........ Especially at christmas with the 7 foot real tree and the mulled wine from Tesco's
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tillysmum View Post
Oh so true, so looking forward to watching the drama's in the winter and all the lovely xmas shows snuggled on the sofa with some decent chocolate and a nice cup of yorkshire tea........ Especially at christmas with the 7 foot real tree and the mulled wine from Tesco's
And M&S Brandy mince pies you could get drunk on them alone...our first real Christmas Tree we bought together (my OH) was from M&S in Ashton U Lyne it was then planted in our sister and brother in laws front garden...it's still there and every year is done up like Santa's Grotto!!!!! cannot wait to see it again......sad or what!!!
Hope all the arrangements are going well.....Oldbag is enjoying being home....which is lovely to know as she is near "our kneck of the woods".....
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:42 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

You get comflicting stories all the time about TV's and if they will work in UK. I have 2 plasma TV's and i have been told they 'might' work in UK and 'they won't work' in UK
I was going to sell them here as i just don't know what to do.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

peanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nice

I have one plasma we bought here and Hub wants it sold before we leave here but I am inclined to take it just in case.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by _debs_ View Post

How true!!!! English TV is fab
You're not kidding! My aged rellies have cable tv with hundreds of channels - if I werent on holiday I could sit and be entertained constantly by the variety and the quality (a NEW Midsomer Murders series, on tonight I believe)
Old Jul 21st 2008, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll View Post
You're not kidding! My aged rellies have cable tv with hundreds of channels - if I werent on holiday I could sit and be entertained constantly by the variety and the quality (a NEW Midsomer Murders series, on tonight I believe)
Oh stick the knife in!!! I was watching another re repeat of Midsummers over the weekend on U.K t.v (on fox) and luckily it was an older one where I could not remember the ending.....but would dearly love to see the new series......