Turbo Tax

Old Apr 13th 2017, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Janelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turbo Tax

I'm so annoyed. I started the process of doing my US taxes with Turbo Tax. Clicked on the button that says foreign address, spent ages typing in all the info, get to the end ready to file and Turbo Tax then tells me that they no longer accept credit card payments with a card that doesn't have a US billing address. They have some other arrangement where they deduct $35 from your refund, but we can't use that method either. Don't waste your time with Turbo Tax.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turbo Tax

Originally Posted by Janelle View Post
I'm so annoyed. I started the process of doing my US taxes with Turbo Tax. Clicked on the button that says foreign address, spent ages typing in all the info, get to the end ready to file and Turbo Tax then tells me that they no longer accept credit card payments with a card that doesn't have a US billing address. They have some other arrangement where they deduct $35 from your refund, but we can't use that method either. Don't waste your time with Turbo Tax.
Just go straight to the IRS site, you can do them there free!
Old Apr 14th 2017, 1:30 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

.Don't waste your time with Turbo Tax.
Unless you have the appropriate credit card in which case it's very good.
At least, it is for Canada.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the online filing process, because it sounds pretty poor to ask for payment after you've filled in all your info? I bought a download version of TurboTax which comes with free Federal Online filing, or one can print out and mail in the completed return, which is what I do with my Louisiana State return through TurboTax rather than pay the e-file fee.

You can buy TurboTax on Amazon.co.uk (and download it to your PC or get the DVD's), although I did buy my version of TurboTax from Amazon.com last year before we left.
Old Apr 15th 2017, 2:14 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durham_lad View Post
Is this the online filing process, because it sounds pretty poor to ask for payment after you've filled in all your info? ...
You'd prefer to pay before being able to satisfy yourself it does what you want it to?
Old Apr 15th 2017, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
You'd prefer to pay before being able to satisfy yourself it does what you want it to?
I've used TurboTax for over 20 years and never knew you could use it before buying for it. That's a nice feature.

I used to buy the DVDs then switched to downloads once broadband became fast enough. I have already been using this year's version to estimate next year's taxes to help with tax minimization each year, so I use it a lot and know it's features well.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Janelle is an unknown quantity at this point

TurboTax online asks you to pay after you have entered all your information. Only then can you see the pages of the return and file it electronically. So if they don't offer you a method to pay that you can use, you can't see your tax return that you spent so much time working on.